Englands way forward..radicalism with a difference!

Is it resenting Wealth when in 2006 of the 52 billionaires in the UK 32 of them paid no tax?

Is it fair when a cleaner pays a higher tax rate than their employer?

or is it simply a demand for equity and justice?

You're arguing a different point from the one the op is making, though. Working rich people and working poor people paying or evading tax are another topic. This one is about wanting to take away a family's heritage because you envy them their position and possessions.

As MsMacbeth has said, will you want to take away from their children the inheritance of rich 'chavs' such as the Rooneys or the Prices or lottery winners? Is it really about 'fairness' or more about punishing people you think are above you in the social scale? 'posh' people :D

You're arguing a different point from the one the op is making, though. Working rich people and working poor people paying or evading tax are another topic. This one is about wanting to take away a family's heritage because you envy them their position and possessions.

As MsMacbeth has said, will you want to take away from their children the inheritance of rich 'chavs' such as the Rooneys or the Prices or lottery winners? Is it really about 'fairness' or more about punishing people you think are above you in the social scale? 'posh' people :D

It is nothing to do with envy whatsoever. It is about beginning to introduce a fairer society by beginning to get rid of the ruling classes who have lived on inherited wealth for generation after generation without even working. This can only have a positive influence on society by giving more equal opportunities to people.

Is it resenting Wealth when in 2006 of the 52 billionaires in the UK 32 of them paid no tax?

Is it fair when a cleaner pays a higher tax rate than their employer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDdcD-1xoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwGBNMH428

or is it simply a demand for equity and justice?

That is just so unjust. It absolutely stinks, but then, it does not surprise me.

I'm sure there are people who want to do it for that reason, but there are practical reasons. One is the question of why someone deserves a whopping inheritance just for being born in the right womb at the right time? I'm not saying the state should have it by default but there are other options rarely discussed because people to tend to assume it's about envy.

If I accept my inheritance I am due a good few pound and a pretty expensive house. How is it fair that I get this? Have I been means tested by anyone but my parents, who are obviously biased because I am their son?

In my fair society everyone who works would be presented with a "standard house" at 30 years old. They would be given this house to live in free for the rest of their life, or would be able to "move up" using their own income. When they died the worth of the standard house would be taken out of the deceaseds estate and given back to the country, to get someone else a standard house.

This is much fairer than the present system and also easy to operate.

Very true, and yet we still have the insanely jealous seeking to inaugurate a communist state in the UK. They'd have such a shock if their plans ever came to fruition.

I abhor class envy in all its manifestations and this sort of attitude from the lumpen proletariat is petty jealousy at its worst. I'd like to see anyone proposing to remove his wealth, if any, from Majestic. I reckon they'd have a battle on their hands. :D

Would you care to list for me the achievements of Prince Charles Ruby. Now compare them to his expectations. Do your findings suggest that our country is fair?

Would you care to list for me the achievements of Prince Charles Ruby. Now compare them to his expectations. Do your findings suggest that our country is fair?
Life's not fair, Maj. In fact, for most people, Life's a bitch that never lives up to the hype, you suffer and then you die. Life in the UK is a damned sight better than being born and living in the third world. Why do you think so many people want to come and live here?

I'm not envious of Charles or any of his siblings in the slightest although I'd love to be in the position of having riches beyond the dreams of avarice. I'd like to be Bill Gates but female and better looking and more stylish. After all, what has he ever done to be richer than many small countries? Developed a computer system and demolished all the competition. What have Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney and the rest of them ever done to deserve their vast wealth? Wrote a few songs or kicked a ball about and enjoyed the life of Riley since they were about 18, doing exactly what they want to do. Don't be bitter that you can't have those things and want to take them away from others. I'm sure there are things in your life that you'd hate to have taken away and would fight tooth and nail to keep.

I don't think those of us who aren't landed gentry can ever really understand how those people feel about the inheritance that's wished upon them. They never have freedom of choice from birth like the rest of us. They have their lives mapped out from the very start and unless they're irresponsible they try to fulfill their fate. I don't envy them at all and neither should anyone else. We don't want to end up like Russia. :D

Life's not fair, Maj. In fact, for most people, Life's a bitch that never lives up to the hype, you suffer and then you die. Life in the UK is a damned sight better than being born and living in the third world. Why do you think so many people want to come and live here?

I'm not envious of Charles or any of his siblings in the slightest although I'd love to be in the position of having riches beyond the dreams of avarice. I'd like to be Bill Gates but female and better looking and more stylish. After all, what has he ever done to be richer than many small countries? Developed a computer system and demolished all the competition. What have Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney and the rest of them ever done to deserve their vast wealth? Wrote a few songs or kicked a ball about and enjoyed the life of Riley since they were about 18, doing exactly what they want to do. Don't be bitter that you can't have those things and want to take them away from others. I'm sure there are things in your life that you'd hate to have taken away and would fight tooth and nail to keep.

I don't think those of us who aren't landed gentry can ever really understand how those people feel about the inheritance that's wished upon them. They never have freedom of choice from birth like the rest of us. They have their lives mapped out from the very start and unless they're irresponsible they try to fulfill their fate. I don't envy them at all and neither should anyone else. We don't want to end up like Russia. :D

I really cannot understand your position. You state catagorically that life is unfair and then defend the unfairness of it. How about trying to alter it a little so that it is seen to be a little fairer. What have you got against having a fairer society anyhow?:suspect:

In my fair society everyone who works would be presented with a "standard house" at 30 years old...
People who can't afford to buy their own property ARE usually given a house. It's called a council house and the rest of us have, in the past, subsidised the rent or, in many cases, paid it all. This is slowly changing and rents are being equalised with the private sector, not before time.

In my fair society, everyone who is capable of it would be given a job at the age of 16 and forced to attend five days a week, unless they can prove illness or some other valid reason, such as further education. They can improve on this job by further study if they so wish and are capable of it and thus improve their prospects. If they aren't prepared or able to do that, they're doomed to have the same dead end job for life and live in one bedroomed public housing forever.

This is much fairer than the present system, even if it's not as easy to operate. :D

Archived