Englands way forward..radicalism with a difference!

Did he say that before or after he allowed 50-70 millions of 'ordinary' people to die in pursuit of his communist ideals? :suspect:

That was not the situation though was it.

It is only propaganda.

If you want to look at the death rate of any country, then blame it on the Government, I suppose all nations look like charnel houses.

Which classes are taught in free schools in the UK nowadays? Are some children denied the right to go to school? Are some children denied the right to work hard? Are some children required to bunk off?

Are some children NEVER going to have to do ANY work because their ancestors were landed gentry?

Will their great grandchildren ever be required to do any work for the same reasons?

:roll:

OK. I will say what I believe. The royal family should be abolished. It would be the first huge step towards equality. It is not envy at all. It would show people who are born less fortunate that steps forward are being taken to introduce more equality into peoples lives.It would be SEEN TO BE FAIRER! That is soooooo very important now!

What I fear, more probably KNOW will happen is that the poor will be made to suffer many years hardship and the rich will get richer. Unfortunately , most people here appear to like it that way.

Now, you see how it works, you've seen some other pov and you're becoming more reasonable. Your first proposals were nonsense, talking about taking away family inheritances and putting the Queen in a flat in Park Hill. I wouldn't want to be forced to live in a flat in a council block, and I'm not even a Lady, let alone a Queen. :) And whatever I've managed to accummulate in my lifetime is certainly not going to be taken away from my family and squandered on random no-hopers who've sat on their backsides since they left school. That's just crazy talk!

imo, life is 'fairer' now than it's ever been, for anyone who's prepared to put in the work. Young people today have so many opportunities if they're prepared to use their initiative. You have to leave some incentives for the terminally idle as well. If you give them everything they need to survive, why would they work or educate themselves?

Anyway, I've fed the troll enough for one day ... I'm off to read my book club choice before bed, otherwise I shall have nothing to contribute on Thursday!

Now, you see how it works, you've seen some other pov and you're becoming more reasonable. Your first proposals were nonsense, talking about taking away family inheritances and putting the Queen in a flat in Park Hill. I wouldn't want to be forced to live in a flat in a council block, and I'm not even a Lady, let alone a Queen. :) And whatever I've managed to accummulate in my lifetime is certainly not going to be taken away from my family and squandered on random no-hopers who've sat on their backsides since they left school. That's just crazy talk!

imo, life is 'fairer' now than it's ever been, for anyone who's prepared to put in the work. Young people today have so many opportunities if they're prepared to use their initiative. You have to leave some incentives for the terminally idle as well. If you give them everything they need to survive, why would they work or educate themselves?

Anyway, I've fed the troll enough for one day ... I'm off to read my book club choice before bed, otherwise I shall have nothing to contribute on Thursday!

There was no requirement to state the obvious.:P

I was born naked (though covered in hair) and without a silver spoon in my mouth. My parents didn't have much money and there was nothing to inherit.

<<snippy>>

In an 'everybody is equal' world there might not have been one of those available. The florist would've been able to supply flowers, though, so it would've been OK in the end.

Yes you are in some way right there.

But all of us who post on here have worked for what we own.

Some maybe skivers, but I dont think that many.

This recent vitriol against people not working seems a bit OTT to me.

Are some children NEVER going to have to do ANY work because their ancestors were landed gentry?

Will their great grandchildren ever be required to do any work for the same reasons?:roll:

As long as they're not claiming benefits, what does it matter whether people work or not? I don't mind people being idle, or dilletante, provided they don't expect or need the public purse to fund them. I work because I quite enjoy it, but if I didn't, I'd stop doing it and live on my private income and my capital.

You seem to have the idea that if people have a country estate or a title, they never have to do any work? You have no idea of what's involved, have you? They probably work harder than you do, but you won't be satisfied until you've been given Chatsworth as your 'free' house and you've got the Duke shelf stacking in Morrisons? ;)

As long as they're not claiming benefits, what does it matter whether people work or not? I don't mind people being idle, or dilletante, provided they don't expect or need the public purse to fund them.

I work because I quite enjoy it, but if I didn't, I'd stop doing it and live on my private income and my capital.

You seem to have the idea that if people have a country estate or a title, they never have to do any work? You have no idea of what's involved, have you? They probably work harder than you do, but you won't be satisfied until you've been given Chatsworth as your 'free' house and you've got the Duke shelf stacking in Morrisons? ;)

Didn't you say that you have some reading to do. Do try to choose something that will improve the mind girl! The Beano or Dandy would be a good starting point in your case:hihi::hihi::hihi:

BOOM BOOM!

Will their great grandchildren ever be required to do any work for the same reasons?

:roll:

I've met a few of the landed gentry. Most of them were required to work very hard. - Perhaps their parents felt: "I'm spending a small fortune sending you to school; you'd better get off your bum and work. - I don't see why I should waste my money." (Being born of wealthy parents is not, IMO, an indicator that said parents are profligate. - Some of the meanest people I've met have been wealthy ... as have some of the most generous.)

Do you think that the children of wealthy parents don't have to study hard to learn things? I've seen no evidence to support that argument. Kids (particularly when you take them away from a family environment) are pretty good at being equal. I went to a boarding school. - An English Public School. (Back in the days before Labour decided that the children of working-class parents weren't worthy of the chance to get a decent education and scrapped the 11+)

The landed gentry as you call them never have to pay anything.

The likes of you, and Ruby pay for them.

i've met some landed gentry and they were all hard working, though to be fair the non-working ones probably wouldn't have been in the places i was.

whether they actually work or not is immaterial, they all have workers and tend to be significant local employers

Archived