Cavalier king charles spaniels - are they really allowed ANYWHERE?

I am thinking about getting one of these dogs as I am a huge dog lover and they are wonderful lap dogs and very very good with children also they have a wonderful attitude and are classed in the toy breed catagory (anyone who knows there breeds will know what I mean)

Anyway - these dogs are so called due to King Charles II totaly being in love with the breed, and he created a law in his time which stated that this breed of dog (KCS) is to be allowed in any public place, inc westminster with no refusal or being turned away.

As far as I can find out the law actually still stands today, but this day in age I am wondering how the law can actually stand up? If I was to take a KCS into kfc for example, or asda, and they tell me to leave - do I have to or due to an old law still in place, can I stand my ground and not leave?

Obviousley guide dogs are allowed in any place, but im just curious. I am not planning on taking a KCS to kfc btw, im just curious and wondered what people think or know about this law?

And what exactly are you going to do when you and your dog are asked to leave? Stand your ground until the police are called and then expect them to understand the finer parts of law with regard to small royalist dogs?

I believe that it is actually the law also that if you own one of these fine dogs, Ye muste also carry about thine personage a lace handkerchief and say the word "Verily" at passing damsels. For sooth, thine mutt has the face of a squashed warthog and hys shyite smells of olde turnips.

I've got two and I get kicked out of all kinds of places.

We couldn't even stand in the entrance bit of the foyer of the Housing Offices as the guards came out screaming: get them out of here!!!!!

Allergies and they're offensive, apparently!

Archived