Cavalier king charles spaniels - are they really allowed ANYWHERE?

Anyway - these dogs are so called due to King Charles II totaly being in love with the breed, and he created a law in his time which stated that this breed of dog (KCS) is to be allowed in any public place, inc westminster with no refusal or being turned away.

Not allowed in to the House of Commons though. The last time a cavalier King Charles entered the House of Commons, it was shortly after beheaded.

I don't know if the story the OP tells about the breed is true, but I suspect not. However, even assuming it is true:

any such law would be superseded by health and safety legislation which requires dogs to be kept out of food stores and the like; and in any event, a supermarket is not a "public" place. It's a privately-owned store which can choose to bar spaniels if it wants to.

No doubt this is similar to the law which allows a pregnant lady to pee in a policeman helmet - it is an archaic law which will have been superceded by new legislation and guidance.

Guest sibon
No doubt this is similar to the law which allows a pregnant lady to pee in a policeman helmet - it is an archaic law which will have been superceded by new legislation and guidance.

Damn. I was so looking forward to seeing that one day.

You just ruined my night. :mad:

It's against the law still to sell carrots on a sunday, but if you tried to call the police to any supermarket or sunday market it'd be you who ended up carried away! You can take dogs almost anywhere anyway - any proper pub welcomes them, and there's always somewhere to tie them to at the supermarket...

Guest sibon
It's against the law still to sell carrots on a sunday, but if you tried to call the police to any supermarket or sunday market it'd be you who ended up carried away! You can take dogs almost anywhere anyway - any proper pub welcomes them, and there's always somewhere to tie them to at the supermarket...

Do they still have bacon slicers? :)

Archived