How likely is it that i'd find a wedding dress for under 600pounds

• 4 weeks later...

I've just bought my wedding dress from Monsoon - they are all really beautiful, well made and very reasonably priced. Mine was £250 and has lots of intricate beading on it. Meadowhall have the bridal range in stock - once you've found the one you like by trying it on I'd recommend ordering it from the website so you know you'll get one that's brand new and not been tried on lots. Although if you're after something with a big full skirt then Monsoon doesn't really do the meringue style dresses.

hellsbells has beautiful dresses, she is called helen taylor think she is under hellsbells anyway. The dresses are stunning and under 400 pound think (again) might even be under 300.

Said think because I don't want to be wrong and give false information :)

ive heard many saying tey struggle to find a shop in sheffield that sells many under 1000 and i can barely afford 600

I expect I'll get a lot of flack for this, but the answer is that of course you can get a dress for £600. That's a heck of a lot of money for a dress you will wear once. I think of clothing is a cost per use way - so a £1,000 suit I wore 3 times a week for three years worked out at about £2.35 per wear - which considering it was a jacket and trousers wasn't too bad. A £20 pair of jeans I wore 5 times and then ripped were £4 per wear so were less good value. Obviously for your wedding day you want to dress up - but £600 per wear? For me that would be too much. I know rationality doesn't really enter the equation when it comes to wedding dresses, but still.

The question really is can you get a dress that you like for £600, and that is up to you. If you are spending £600 on a dress even though you can 'barely afford' to then I fear you have been sold a 'dream' and will find yourself looking at more expensive dresses when you go shopping. I'm the same when I look at cameras - 'for another hundred quid I can get this feature which objectively I know I will hardly ever use, but subjectively feel I must have.'

There are many dresses on eBay that are under £600, and there have been many suggestions on this thread for places locally you can go (and local businesses need your support)

Don't worry about the price - just stick to your budget and if you like it, get it - if it's an eBay bargain at £20 it doesn't matter, no-one need know and you can spend the other £580 on a holiday. Whatever dress you wear will look hopelessly dated when you look back at the pictures in 20 years anyway, but your smiling face won't age.

hi you can get wedding dresses from china but don't !!!!

go try your dress on at a shop get the name then go on sellmydress.com they stock all the dresses by every designer,the only thing is there second hand but got my dress from there moir lee in shop £1500 on there £350 inc a £90 pound Vail,at the end of the day its been worn for a day to me that's still new.

good luck

and if you need a tiara I am a head dress designer:)

Stacey

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I stock wedding dresses. If you purchase from my website send me a message beforehand, and I will give you a £100 discount, just quote hitched :)

Our dresses from this stylist are imported from America, and made from America, so you can be rest assured that the quality is really good, and I bought my wedding dress from my supplier.

If you want to read our customer testimonials, they are available on our website. www. bridal-glamour. com

Our dresses range from £400 to £1000 depending on style

So really it just depends what you see yourself in.

All of our dresses come pre-boxed to you in a gorgeous box, with care instructions, and if you purchase a wedding dress from us, you will be automatically entered into our bi-annual competition to win a mini-moon up to the value of £400

Archived