Restrict child benefit to co-habiting couples only

You're punishing innocent children to satisfy some sort of moral objection though.

exactly..........its not child fault and no matter how they were conceived they deserve the best the can possibly get in life too

Why shouldn't the fathers name be on the birth certificate - the people who see it are unlikely to know he's a paedo. Those who know he's a paedo already know he's your daughters dad.

so you do think i should of begged a paedophile to accompany me the the registration office? as i keep saying its nothing to to do with mother if shes unmarried its to do with whether or not the father bothers to go along so why blame the mother and child for that matter

and do you not think my daughters going to have enough issues dealing with the fact her father is a paedophile without having to see his name on a perminent form of identification regaurdless of who else knows what a sicko he is.

Whilst we're talking accidents - IF they don't know the mans name why are they having unprotected sex not just contraception? Surely the odds of sperm beating a condom and the pill are minute.

maybe they were horny who cares if they knew there name, if it wasn't you having sex then its not your buisness

maybe they were horny who cares if they knew there name, if it wasn't you having sex then its not your buisness

That attitude is fine, so long as general taxation doesn't have to contribute to the upbringing of the resulting children.

exactly..........its not child fault and no matter how they were conceived they deserve the best the can possibly get in life too

On the other hand, it is the responsibility of the two adults involved and they should not be rewarded for feckless behaviour.

A quandry for sure.

That attitude is fine, so long as general taxation doesn't have to contribute to the upbringing of the resulting children.

i agree, but after the other poster was making out that people should not have sex what so ever even with contraception unless there aiming to get pregnant i was being flipant, as lets face it two conscenting adults having sex is there buisness specialy when using contraception.

(my posts have all related to using contraception, but you must admit saying that you shouldn't have sex even with contraception unless your trying to get pregnant is just beyond insane)

i agree, but after the other poster was making out that people should not have sex what so ever even with contraception unless there aiming to get pregnant i was being flipant, as lets face it two conscenting adults having sex is there buisness specialy when using contraception.

(my posts have all related to using contraception, but you must admit saying that you shouldn't have sex even with contraception unless your trying to get pregnant is just beyond insane)

No i wasn't - i was responding to excuses about why people don't want to name the father. I couldn't care less about contraception or sex.

If you want it and accidents happen - (nice for a child to know they were an accident btw)then be preapred for the consequences.

You're punishing innocent children to satisfy some sort of moral objection though.

Yep - i morally object to men running away from their responsibility or women claiming "no name" on the form. Nothing more.

On the other hand, it is the responsibility of the two adults involved and they should not be rewarded for feckless behaviour.

A quandry for sure.

maybe not, but its not about rewarding them, its about the child getting what it needs, its not the kids fault it was brought into to world

Archived