Restrict child benefit to co-habiting couples only

its funny how someone sooooo young can keep you grounded though isn't it, my daughter used to creep down the stairs and try and watch the tv she was a right monster for it she would ask me questions about things like titanic i'd stand there with a dropped jaw trying to figure out what was going on before thinking oh i watched something on tv about it lol

haha yeah it is funny sometimes the things they come out with, i think sometimes shes more brainy then me:loopy::hihi::hihi:

im like you when she says something really good, i stand there mouth open and ask her where she got that from etc............

and she deffo did keep me grounded that time, made things seem more in perspective and i know id done the right thing

kids are great arnt they lol......

im off to bed or ill never get up for mine tomorrow, but ignore the idiots on here, im sure our kids would be able to post something that makes more sense:hihi::hihi:

RB is a troll - ignore... The least that sort knows about your comings and goings the better...

the worst trolling comment ive come accross was from someone today trying to be all high and mighty and pick someone up on there spelling by trying to correct them but his spelling was even worse than theres, i took great please in pointing that one out lol

haha yeah it is funny sometimes the things they come out with, i think sometimes shes more brainy then me:loopy::hihi::hihi:

im like you when she says something really good, i stand there mouth open and ask her where she got that from etc............

and she deffo did keep me grounded that time, made things seem more in perspective and i know id done the right thing

kids are great arnt they lol......

im off to bed or ill never get up for mine tomorrow, but ignore the idiots on here, im sure our kids would be able to post something that makes more sense:hihi::hihi:

yeah proberly lol, anyway nighty night hun:wave:

the worst trolling comment ive come accross was from someone today trying to be all high and mighty and pick someone up on there spelling by trying to correct them but his spelling was even worse than theres, i took great please in pointing that one out lol

haha thats one thing on here that really shouts out the trolls from the genuine posters...........when they have exausted all thier verbal bob r, they start to pick on your spelling, what they dont realise is you can spell, its just so easy to make typo on a keyboard where as using a pen and paper it all spelt perfectly.......dunno why, must be coz i type so fast

night hun xxxx

One would hope that social services would be apt to recognise and distinguish between

cases wherein the absentee father (or mother, indeed) is such because of abuse, neglect and the like (whereby the legal guardian does get benefits, and the absentee parent gets ...if not banged up (as they should) and kicked out of benefits altogether, then a penalty upon whatever benefits they get, scaled up according to the number of repeats - all the way to "nothing" if need be).

and

cases wherein the absentee father (or mother, indeed) is such because of a care-free and irresponsible attitude to life in general, and parenthood in particular (whereby the child gets benefits in trust, administered by social services, and the absentee parent gets ...if not kicked out of benefits altogether, then a penalty upon whatever benefits they get, scaled up according to the number of repeats - all the way to "nothing" if need be).

Yes, social services, then... Oh wait!

There isn't a lot of difference and I can't see any reason why you would want to make a distinction in paying child benefit? In both situations there is an innocent child involved who deserves all the chance they can get of making something for themselves.

In situation A) the abusive parent should be dealt with as a criminal for their behaviour. Prison in extreme circumstances or community service.

In situation B) I can't think of any moral or any argument why the child and parent suffer because of the other halves failings. They are responsible for their own actions not those of the other parent.

One would assume she'd know his name before going outside, if not she deserves all she gets. On at least two levels she's setting her self up for misery - if she knows his name she can claim off him plus she knows where to go after she's had a clap clinic visit.

How do you know the woman wasn't raped?

Even if the woman knowingly made a mistake, why be so harsh on her for that mistake that you penalise her child during his\her formative years? It is not like mistakes are illegal, the consequences are bad enough without the state making things worse.

Hmm if unmarried the father has to go along to register the birth to be present on the birth cert.

i found out my ex was a paedophile before i gave birth, do you think i should have gone to him with my daughter and begged him to come along so SHE didn't miss out?

Nice one Carly

How do you know the woman wasn't raped?

Even if the woman knowingly made a mistake, why be so harsh on her for that mistake that you penalise her child during his\her formative years? It is not like mistakes are illegal, the consequences are bad enough without the state making things worse.

Just exaggarate everything as usual. We were talking about having a quickie, nothing else. Mistakes happen, having sex with unknown strangers isn't a mistake it's a choice.

There isn't a lot of difference and I can't see any reason why you would want to make a distinction in paying child benefit?
Read it again. To ensure that the benefit is indeed used for the good of the child.

In both situations there is an innocent child involved who deserves all the chance they can get of making something for themselves.
Indeed, which is why I did not propose to terminate the benefit for the child, but curb/terminate benefits to the irresponsible party.

In situation A) the abusive parent should be dealt with as a criminal for their behaviour. Prison in extreme circumstances or community service.
...which is what I suggested :huh:

The idea is to responsibilise, rather than 'simply punish'. Unfortunately, certain types require a Pavlovian approach to the exercise.

Just exaggarate everything as usual. We were talking about having a quickie, nothing else. Mistakes happen, having sex with unknown strangers isn't a mistake it's a choice.

Exactly. Having children is a choice too. The ONLY exception is rape. There is no such thing as 'accidentally' getting pregnant, you don't just happen to accidentally become impaled on someone's penis and then a baby falls out.

Archived