Why are low earners etc bad @ budgeting etc

When ive changed supplier (which ive done twice in last 2 years ) i have not been credit checked etc.

Where you changing from a credit meter already? If so one usually isn't carried out. It is when you have a pre-payment meter and want to get a credit meter that they generally do one or ask for a deposit.

I think it is disgusting that pre-payment customers are penalised and have to pay more when they are paying on time!

A credit meter may not be the best option for people on low incomes as if they haven't been making the regular payments the bill will hit them hard.

there is nothing wrong living on a council estate! where do you live then in the country side? theres no need to be so insulting to people on benifits or working and living on a council estate.

Is this aimed at me? I was mearly stating that my friend falls into the OP's category. I have nothing against council estates or people that live in council houses. I live on a council estate. Regardless of whether I have bought my house or not the fact remains that I am surrounded by social housing and don't treat the people living in them any differently to my mortgaged neighbours. Infact I find myself getting quite jealous of my neighbours who have just had new kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors etc. I wish I could afford to spruce my house up!!!

Our meters were changed from prepayment ones which were there when we moved in, to regular ones with no charge, it was easy, just a phone call. No idea on the requirements for it though, as to whether we had to pass a credit check first.

Where you changing from a credit meter already? If so one usually isn't carried out. It is when you have a pre-payment meter and want to get a credit meter that they generally do one or ask for a deposit.

I think it is disgusting that pre-payment customers are penalised and have to pay more when they are paying on time!

A credit meter may not be the best option for people on low incomes as if they haven't been making the regular payments the bill will hit them hard.

One of the times i had purchased a house which had one and i wanted it removed.

No credit check no deposit etc

No actually i dont

Please elaborate

I think Alcoblog is referring to me, in which case you should see it as a compliment! I think he's bitter at losing countless arguments on here with me in the past and still holds a rather childish grudge.

Although i have mentioned this on a seperate thread thought id start a seperate thread...

So why is is that people who are low earners,on benefits or live on depressed council estates find it hard to manage thier finances.

For example they spend a higher % of thier disposable income on non essential branded goods. (ie "nike" trainers). When a cheaper non branded alternative will do. Are parents that obsessed with how thier kids look?.

They also seem to be the sort of people to buy more processed food (has no one taught them to cook). If they learned to cook then they wouldnt spend so much money on poor food.

These people are the ones who then whinge that they owe lots of money to door step lenders.

Money management on a tight budget isnt that hard. It should be something people learn before they drop thier first chavie.

I think you are trolling aren't you?!

And you are also wrong!..........

I used to work in a bank, on the high value mortgage section & most of the applications were for mega rich people & more than 60% of these people were in a lot of debt. It's not only the poor council estate people who don't know how to manage their finances. It's also the snotty nosed born with silver spoons in their mouths, end up working for daddy (who was brought up on a council estate), types of people who have never had to manage their money in the past who find them selves in financial danger! I may be being presumptious, but I think you might be one of these people! :hihi:

Archived