Am I just being paranoid?

I think you should start making a life for yourself away from your relationship. This has (at least) three benefits -

1) You have something to do and people to do it with that aren't dependent on your OH

2) His interest might be piqued and he might start finding you and your personality (not necessarily the same thing, if he's forgotten that you have one) more interesting and it might remind him of what he found attractive about you in the first place and

3) If he HAS gone off you and its destined to end (as suggested by other posters) then at least you'll have a new life starting!

I wish you success :)

• 1 month later...
Sadly, having sex with you regularly is not an indicator that a man loves you.

It might sound as though nothing is wrong, but he's making you unhappy. So something is wrong. If you've tried to make your case and you've not had a good response, how is it ever going to get any better?

It doesn't sound as though he's the right man for you. He's either emotionally unavailable or he's just not that into you. Either way, you're always going to feel bad. Better to be alone and content, than in a relationship and always feeling uncared for.

This sounds like the same advice you gave to the last one asking advice...you don't cut n paste em do you?

It could be as simple (yes you may laugh) as after 2yrs she's just started dropping the odd wiffy in bed..it can be quite unnerving to the uninitiated.

I don't really know why I'm posting on here, I don't know what people can say to help but my partner is driving me around the bend!!!

We've been together a couple of years now and it seems to be going into that phase where he's just loads more laid back about stuff and doesn't feel the need to make massive romantic gestures or say romantic things much to me anymore but I'm not in that phase yet and I completely get paranoid that he's just going off me! He says not and I hope he's right, I don't want to push him into going off me but this is driving me nuts.

Has anyone else ever struggled to adjust to this change in dynamics of a relationship? Is it all likely to be ok? I really want things to work and hope I am just being paranoid when I feel like he's backing off. I know it can't be sustainable for someone to always be super romantic, or at least I hope not, but I just want to get to a point where I feel comfortable with these changes in dynamics.

Dynamics always change within a relationship...some big some almost minute as to not notice them. Your perception of dynamic change can and most probably will be different to another's perception of that dynamic, that's even if they recognise it at the same time as you. You really need to asses what it is you require and talk. It's no use asking for advice off here unless you just want to hear their stories and maybe compare...the stories maybe similar but the people concerned are very different. Advice here is based only on the info from your point of view...we know very little of your partner...let alone you. Communication for bad or worse is the key...2nd guessing isn't. The solution is in your lounge. Don't be tempted to jack it in on the say so of a stranger though...they also have their private demons too.

This sounds like the same advice you gave to the last one asking advice...you don't cut n paste em do you?
Are you stalking me now? It's 'quite unnerving' to find that people follow my posts to the extent that they can actually remember what I said... :help:

No, I don't cutnpaste. But if it's a similar situation, why would my opinion be different? :huh:

My mum always said that you cant expect anyone else to change their behaviour unless you change yours.

so if you want him to pay you more attention, try paying him less! he'll soon notice. Relationships do get more relaxed the more you go on but i agree it is very important to still make an effort. its the little things that count!x

My mum always said that you cant expect anyone else to change their behaviour unless you change yours.

so if you want him to pay you more attention, try paying him less! he'll soon notice. Relationships do get more relaxed the more you go on but i agree it is very important to still make an effort. its the little things that count!x

Well said!

Archived