Nick Clegg - a decent man with integrity and principles

Such a shame all the Liberals are cutting their noses off to spite their faces just because they don't like the Tories, doesn't look very liberal to me. At least some of the Lib Dem policies will see light of day, NONE would have if they'd have chosen to let a minority Tory government rule.

That is absolute nonsense.

They would have held the balance of power, nothing would have gone through without their approval.

They have walked willingly into the spiders web, and are lost forever.

Never, ever, underestimate how evil the tories are.

It is a party of selfish opportunists, and the descendants of ******* sons of the aristocracy.

Never trust them in any guise they may present themselves.

They exist purely to separate you from what little money you may have.

PS, the word that has been blanked (not by me) is a standard English word, meaning progeny of a mistress.

Seeing as the forum's usual loony lefties are launching increasingly bitter and personal attacks on him, I thought it fair to redress the balance.

!

Lol...troll thread of the year. I take it you included yourself as a loony considering you were way out ahead of anyone else in condemning him. And now you do a u turn? based on policy made by the conservatives and getting him to do their dirty work in their name?

I don't think Thatcher would approve of the ease in which u-turn.

Regardless of how decent he is he's a Tory puppet.

Lol...troll thread of the year. I take it you included yourself as a loony considering you were way out ahead of anyone else in condemning him. And now you do a u turn? based on policy made by the conservatives and getting him to do their dirty work in their name?

I don't think Thatcher would approve of the ease in which u-turn.

Regardless of how decent he is he's a Tory puppet.

He can't possibly be a Tory puppet....

He promised his electorate, faithfully, that voting for the Lib-dems would ensure the Tories would be prevented from getting in....

So.. no different to Labour then.

Not NuLabor no.

But totally different to the true Labour Party, of Atlee, Gaitskill (sp), and Wilson.

Good men all, with the wealth of the people and the nation as their watchwords

Why shouldn't he? Does he not care what Sheffield people have to say?

Gawd 'elp us if the views on here represent the average Sheffielder.

and attempting to undo the last 13 years of disastrous Labour policies

So the widening of the wealth-gap, the near bankrupting of the country, people being priced out of the ability to buy a home, the record number of 8 million economically inactive, the selling off of Britain's gold at record low prices, the spiraling national debt.... all good things in your opinion?

I take it all back, a post from GB I fully agree with.

It's a rarity that he actually posts anything close to sense.

So.. no different to Labour then.

:D Too true I'm afraid.

Not NuLabor no.

But totally different to the true Labour Party, of Atlee, Gaitskill (sp), and Wilson.

A vastly different breed to today's shyster spivs. In fact that description applies to most modern politicians.

I don't know much about the man myself , but if Plain Talker and Alien don't like him then he must be a good man :D

You would not like him, I can guarantee.

He is a poor imitation of Cameron, who is a poor imitation of Blair, who is a poor imitation of Bill Clinton, who is a poor imitation of John Kennedy.

This pathetic charisma thing regarding politicians was started by your own Presidents, and leaked over here.

We used to be satisfied with intelligent, capable, witty men, as our leaders.

Now it seems the only requirement is to look like Tony Blair, and to have the morals and sense of responsibility of an alley cat.

Archived