Nick Clegg - a decent man with integrity and principles

I don't know much about the man myself , but if Plain Talker and Alien don't like him then he must be a good man :D

Careful about that extrapolation, Poppins...

I heartily dislike Hitler and his policies. Ditto Stalin and Saddam Hussein. That shouldn't make them good men.

He can't possibly be a Tory puppet....

He promised his electorate, faithfully, that voting for the Lib-dems would ensure the Tories would be prevented from getting in....

When? I've seen him say plenty to the opposite effect.

Septic Clegg makes me laugh, He said this at the end of the last year about Housing Benefit cuts:-

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/ihstory.aspx?storycode=6507308

Yet these cuts that the government have made recently are worse then the one's Labour proposed that as he is the torie's lapdog this time round he couldn't give a stuff, Show's what kind of person he is, A traitor and he has sold his soul to the torie's.

This thread has to be a wind up. Right?

The man had sold his principles down the river even before the election. He was campaigning on one platform while simultaneously admitting he would be supporting another, i.e. that we would be working with the Tories. Why couldn't anybody see it. All seems so obvious in hindsight.

I have just watched a recording of PMQ's

I must admit that Cameron speaks well, and sounds convincing.

All talk and no trousers as they say.

But what is the crack with Clegg and Osborn at each side of him?

Clegg is nodding and shaking his head, just like, as someone else said, a nodding dog in the back of a car.

The so called Chancellor sits slumped down, with his mouth wide open, like a drooling lunatic from some ha'penny horror. (I think he trying to convey the look of askance amazement and failing miserably).

Clegg, for his part has given up all pretence of being a member of the LibDems, and is now a fully paid up member of the Tories.

How long before good men such as Campbell, Hughes, Cable, Kennedy etc., cross the floor and bring down this facile set up?

A man of principals

Mr Clegg said

"The day before I was elected leader, Mr Cameron suggested we join them.

He talked about a “progressive alliance”.

This talk of alliances comes up a lot, doesn’t it?

Everyone wants to be in our gang.

So I want to make something very clear today.

Will I ever join a Conservative government?

No."

http://www.libdems.org.uk/speeches_detail.aspx?pPK=3efdf716-ae50-4272-b6ea-a35066221880&title=Liverpool_2008%3A_Nick_Clegg%27s_Leader%27s_Speech

Archived