Untitled - Camcorder Home Movie

Ok, I didn't know which category to put this in, still, here goes...

I bought a second-hand camcorder this morning, from a market, lovely lady she was - got it for a fiver, in the box with the bits and bobs - and a tape in it.

I bought it to give to my kids when they go on their hols with my mum and dad in a few weeks, memento, something for the little uns to use and show me when they get back. And for a fiver, I wouldn't be so bothered if it got dropped, or went for a swim in the sea....

Now I plugged it in to the tv, and pressed play, and was greeted by some bloke doing a walk around a french building site where he's been doing some work. Left it playing while I went for a cuppa, came back and found it still playing, although this time, said bloke was doing the do with the woman I bought it from! and in all sorts of positions and camera positions....

Now we're all grown ups on here, well, for the most part anyway, but my question is this - would you sell your old camcorder with something so graphic and personal on it?

I'm guessing they forgot, but I know if I was selling our camera, I know it would be sold 'sans-disc', not because I have anything so graphic to see on any of the discs, but because whatever is on the disc is personal to me.

I'm so glad i checked it, and have bought some brand new tapes for the kids to take away on their hols....

Meanwhile, I'm open to offers on the other tape..... (Joking - it's priceless!)

Ok, I didn't know which category to put this in, still, here goes...

I bought a second-hand camcorder this morning, from a market, lovely lady she was - got it for a fiver, in the box with the bits and bobs - and a tape in it.

I bought it to give to my kids when they go on their hols with my mum and dad in a few weeks, memento, something for the little uns to use and show me when they get back. And for a fiver, I wouldn't be so bothered if it got dropped, or went for a swim in the sea....

Now I plugged it in to the tv, and pressed play, and was greeted by some bloke doing a walk around a french building site where he's been doing some work. Left it playing while I went for a cuppa, came back and found it still playing, although this time, said bloke was doing the do with the woman I bought it from! and in all sorts of positions and camera positions....

Now we're all grown ups on here, well, for the most part anyway, but my question is this - would you sell your old camcorder with something so graphic and personal on it?

I'm guessing they forgot, but I know if I was selling our camera, I know it would be sold 'sans-disc', not because I have anything so graphic to see on any of the discs, but because whatever is on the disc is personal to me.

I'm so glad i checked it, and have bought some brand new tapes for the kids to take away on their hols....

Meanwhile, I'm open to offers on the other tape..... (Joking - it's priceless!)

..eh-hem, indeed it might be priceless, but I'll give you a tenner to get it back, thanks :blush::lol::blush:

Archived