What are the laws on recycling, if any?

I have to take my glass bottles now to a bottlebank as the small bin that the council give us is not adequate for our needs. When I go down there I see a bin for white glass , one for green glass and one for brown glass. I cannot be assed to sort them and actually resent having to use my own car to take the bottles so I just stick them all in one colour bin, or in the newspaper bin or old boots bin or cans bin if any is closer. Afterall, it is not illegal and it amuses me to do it! :hihi::hihi:

The binners refuse to take the bin if they hear bottles rattle!:rant:

Well, wrap them up in old £20 notes. (They are, after all, no loger legal tender and you don't give a damn how much of your own money the council waste.)

Glass is sorted because single colour (and especially clear) glass is of higher value. If you mix the colours, then the council will get less money for the scrap glass, so you in turn will get less value for the money you pay in taxes and they will be able to provide you with inferior services for your money.

And I don't give a damn!:hihi::hihi: - In fact, I'm glad to hear that you're screwing yourself.

Your neighbours and fellow taxpayers might not be quite so amused ...

Well, wrap them up in old £20 notes. (They are, after all, no loger legal tender and you don't give a damn how much of your own money the council waste.)

Glass is sorted because single colour (and especially clear) glass is of higher value. If you mix the colours, then the council will get less money for the scrap glass, so you in turn will get less value for the money you pay in taxes and they will be able to provide you with inferior services for your money.

And I don't give a damn!:hihi::hihi: - In fact, I'm glad to hear that you're screwing yourself.

Your neighbours and fellow taxpayers might not be quite so amused ...

Well that is very magnanimous of you, I am sure!:mad:

Archived