Prison as punishment or prison for punishment?

Prison  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Prison

• is the punishment
    • is for punishment
    • I'm confused

Why are we letting our criminals having a holiday in prison???? They get better benefits in prison then we do not in prison, play on playstaions, smoke weed, drink alcohol, 23 hours a day!!!

That doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

Me neither, although I've heard in Wakefield prison, they have lap dancing girls and spa treatments every other Friday.

the prison service. "now privatised". charge the government around £1200.per week.per prisoner. who's the real thief's?:wow:

What do you think it costs to buy land, build and maintain the prison estate, provide 24 hour, 365 days of the year secure environment to offenders? In-house training, drug treatment programmes, rehabilitation schemes etc etc?

The punishment of imprisonment is indeed denial of liberty. If you're not inside, then perhaps you don't appreciate just what liberty means.

Prison inmates are chained to the clock. 24 hours a day. They get up when they are told to get up, they eat when they are told to eat, work when they are told to work and are banged up when they are told to go into their cells.

Some people may be happy to accept that (I would find it extremely difficult.) They don't have a choice.

I suspect that 'losing the right to vote' is a smokescreen. Prisoners will complain about anything. - Particularly if there's a remote chance that they will be able to screw the taxpayer out of the money spent on legal aid, spend a day or two 'putting their arguments to lawyers' and - if they're really lucky - appearing in court.

They do - don't commit the crime!

Archived