Prison as punishment or prison for punishment?

Prison  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Prison

• is the punishment
    • is for punishment
    • I'm confused

that was just one link, go do your own research,
I have, most of our prisons are not "full of illegal immigrants, or immigrants with visas just to cause trouble"

i'm still looking, pluss some things like that just don't get published, the government does not want you all to know that we are becoming minorities in our own country!!!!

Oh of course, without evidence we'll resort to conspiracy theories-you dont have to rely on the government, you should just open your eyes as you go about your business "we" (whoever they are) are not becoming minorities in their own country.

Open your eyes! go into your city or town centre and look for your self!!!

How do you know these people don't get any benefits?

As I have already said I have not seen one starving beggar in Sheffield.

I have seen plenty of drunk ones.

How do you know these people don't get any benefits?

As I have already said I have not seen one starving beggar in Sheffield.

I have seen plenty of drunk ones.

I agree, the vagrant's lot is not a happy one, but there's little reason for them to be 'starving' in this day and age.

What do you think it costs to buy land, build and maintain the prison estate, provide 24 hour, 365 days of the year secure environment to offenders? In-house training, drug treatment programmes, rehabilitation schemes etc etc?

here's something to think about. one house block in one certain prison. has about 450 inmates? that's about half a million per wing. it don't cost that much brains. betty ford don't charge that much.

Prisoners get well fed, upto 3 meals a day, where as, on our streets we have poor Brits living on our streets scrounging for food and lucky to get 1 small meal a day, (cold not warm food)!!!

So are you are suggesting that convicted criminals should be punished by leaving them on the streets?

here's something to think about. one house block in one certain prison. has about 450 inmates? that's about half a million per wing. it don't cost that much brains. betty ford don't charge that much.

..how much of that figure represents net profit for the businesses that operate prisons?

Incidentally I'm not disputing your figures, but it would be useful if you could cite your sources for them.

So are you are suggesting that convicted criminals should be punished by leaving them on the streets?

No the murderors and other high profile prisoners like that - the judge should have the choice of life or HANGING!!

The low profile prisoners should be made to do hard physical labour, instead of the government paying out on councils to work on roads and that, and cleaning up our streets and getting the graffiti of our walls, Prisoners under guard should have to do it, just like the old days!!!

Archived