The Strangest Thing Youve Ever Driven.

Do you find driving 'left hookers' in the UK more difficult? - Since 1980, most of my cars have been LHD (I last drove an RHD car about 7 years ago.)

I don't find it at all difficult driving an LHD in the UK - You can't overtake in the same places [but if yoU're careful - allow extra time for the blind spot to clear] - you can often overtake on a left-hand bend.

The big advantage is that when you get out of the car, you step onto the pavement - not in front of other traffic.

In my opinion, the main problem is when you need to pass through any sort of electrically operated security gate, where you are expected to either speak, press a button or swipe a pass card from the right hand window. I have to do this arriving and leaving both work and the gym. It would be a nightmare in a lhd car.

I've driven various tractors, fork trucks, bucket trucks, excavators, Overhead electrical travelling cranes up to 350tonnes SWL, Pendant cranes, Radio control cranes but perhaps the strangest thing i've driven was a speed slinger...

Here's one..

It used to make my legs itch like crazy due to the massive vibration!!!

John:)

my first car was a Citreon 2CV -

quirky little gear stick that you pulled and pushed out of the dashboard,

half and half side windows that you held open with your elboe or supported on your wing mirror,

soft top that you could throw back when stationary at traffic lights.....ahhh, missing it now:love:

I've driven various tractors, fork trucks, bucket trucks, excavators, Overhead electrical travelling cranes up to 350tonnes SWL, Pendant cranes, Radio control cranes but perhaps the strangest thing i've driven was a speed slinger...

Here's one..

It used to make my legs itch like crazy due to the massive vibration!!!

John:)

Neat!

A hospital trolley. I took a ride on it when nursing.:hihi:

Well, I hope you realise how the passengers feel. - I wanted to walk yesterday but was told (in no uncertain terms) 'You haff to ride!' (as in 'Ride of the Walküre) She wasn't 2 metres tall, but she managed to 'marmelise' me by banging me off every bloody wall!

Archived