Home made dripping

Much prefer beef dripping, white plastic bread, spread top of dripping on then add some gravy gunge from the bottom. Salt and pepper then whack it in thi gob. Repeat until entire loaf has gone, follow up with a mug of tea.

My brother used to love beef dripping sandwiches. He always spread butter or marg on the bread before he lathered on the dripping :gag:

Are you folk on here still going on about that sickening concoction called bread and dripping. I'll be over in Sheff in two or three wks. There are many savory offerings from the past I'm looking forward to: pork pie, pub meat pies, roast beef and proper yorkshire pud, English bacon, even black pudding. But, I hope I'll be spared the bread and dripping. Too much for me. Always was. Guess it's all a matter of taste. :gag:

Much prefer beef dripping, white plastic bread, spread top of dripping on then add some gravy gunge from the bottom. Salt and pepper then whack it in thi gob. Repeat until entire loaf has gone, follow up with a mug of tea.

Mmmmmmh - making my mouth water reading that :love:

Rog is right the doc said strict diet or else, so red meat only once a week all veg stir fry is Ok but I'm just so not a salad man got to get use to it I'll let u know when I've lost 40lbs

Rog is right the doc said strict diet or else, so red meat only once a week all veg stir fry is Ok but I'm just so not a salad man got to get use to it I'll let u know when I've lost 40lbs

Good luck with that flyer. I'm trying to lose a few pounds as I'm off to UK soon and intend to have my fill of pork pies and good fish and chips. I'll need some advice on that one because last time I was over, the fish & chips I bought at a chippy near Hunter's Bar were not that great.

Oh right, bread & dripping. Do people really eat that stuff anymore there? Never come across it in my travels for many years now - thankfully. Enjoy. Those who like it.

much prefer beef dripping, white plastic bread, spread top of dripping on then add some gravy gunge from the bottom. Salt and pepper then whack it in thi gob. Repeat until entire loaf has gone, follow up with a mug of tea.

not half!!!!yum yum!!!!

I love drippin' though some of the shop bought stuff is pretty poor.

I'm sure when my Dad had it he used to melt down an oxo cube with a little boiling water, spread it on bread and then top with drippin and salt.

Crikey, did he ever get high blood pressure chinaski? :wow: