Murder trial collapses

Yes I am, the police provide the evidence to the CPS, and a 3 month trial falling apart means they didn't do their job sufficient enough to warrant the million pounds wated on the trial.

Evidence has been withheld anyway wether by the police or CPS who all crap in the same pot.

How far from the truth !

The CPS and the police are POLES apart - ask any police officer !

Since it was someone other than the police or the CPS that withheld evidence I think you are totally wrong in your accusations.

I bet the Police AND the CPS are hacked off after all the many months of work they have put into this case.

How far from the truth !

Since it was someone other than the police or the CPS that withheld evidence I think you are totally wrong in your accusations.

I bet the Police AND the CPS are hacked off after all the many months of work they have put into this case.

Totally disagree with you on the poles apart bit.

Also we can confidently say it was not anything to do with the defence withholding evidence. Therefor it can only be the other side somewhere.

as for your comment "ASK a police officer" don't the police tell lies?.

I have asked a police officer, I once asked Ron Sagar.;).

The police and the CPS are the only two agencies requires to disclose evidence. Nobody else could possibly bring down a trial by withholding it.

The defence also has to disclose prior to the trial any evidence it will be using during the trial. Though obviously it wouldn't collapse a trial if they failed to do so, they would just not be allowed to use that evidence (or sometimes an adjournment to allow the prosecution to examine the evidence).

Which is clearly Not the case here.

Another 6 murder suspects walk free from Sheffield Crown Court after the trial collapses, this is the third high profile murder where the suspects have walked free in the last 2 years here in Sheffield, what is going on.

It doesnt say very much for our police force and cps, maybe questions should be being asked about why this is happening, are the police acting to fast because of pressuress above them to get results? Its obvious that something isnt right.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this.

Another 6 murder suspects walk free from Sheffield Crown Court after the trial collapses, this is the third high profile murder where the suspects have walked free in the last 2 years here in Sheffield, what is going on.

It doesnt say very much for our police force and cps, maybe questions should be being asked about why this is happening, are the police acting to fast because of pressuress above them to get results? Its obvious that something isnt right.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this.

Aye. My thoughts are that you seem to be making much of these suspects, completely forgetting the premise that they are still innocent until convicted...

It wouldn't be because they happened to be a bit, erm... tanned would it?

How far from the truth !

You are correct Daven in that cps and police are different altogether.

Its down to the cps whether an alleged offence is even taken to court, the police used to decide themselves.Sometimes even the police can't believe certain times cps have turned around and stated its not to go to court.

Cps mess loads of cases up and sometimes think one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Cps mess loads of cases up and sometimes think one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

In fairness to the CPS, the evidence that wasn't presented could have been with held by the police, in which case they wouldn't have known of its existence.

Aye. My thoughts are that you seem to be making much of these suspects, completely forgetting the premise that they are still innocent until convicted...

It wouldn't be because they happened to be a bit, erm... tanned would it?

Uncalled for comment PT.

I thought you was above trying to start an argument on racial issues where there are none.

Archived