Is Sheffield Full of curtain twitchers

Is the forum full of curtain twitchers  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Is the forum full of curtain twitchers

• Yes, they have nothing better to do!
    • No, pulling back the net curtains is the sign of a good neighbour

I agree that nosey neighbours are annoying and can be irritating - but nosey neighbours on our street noticed that an elderly gent had not been seen for a while and his curtains hadn't been opened for 2 days. The 'nosey' neighbour rang the police who broke into this gents house - he had suffered a stroke and had been lying helpless on the floor for 2 days. He is in hospital now and is unlikely to be able to return to his home but his life was saved by said nosey neighbour. Thank God for nosey neighbours I say !

I agree totally, if it wasn't for nosey neighbours keeping an eye on things people would be worse off and this poor man may have suffered unnecessarily, all alone.....Lets all be nosey neighbours to help in the community!!!

I agree totally, if it wasn't for nosey neighbours keeping an eye on things people would be worse off and this poor man may have suffered unnecessarily, all alone.....Lets all be nosey neighbours to help in the community!!!

ok be nosey neighbours if it helps others but please dont start threads on it everyday, is that compromise good enough??

ok be nosey neighbours if it helps others but please dont start threads on it everyday, is that compromise good enough??

I think that you are totally missing the point with all due respect - SF is founded on curtain twitchers, nosey people - and long may it do so !:thumbsup:

I dont think they are being rude as such but i've felt a little...edgy...when we've had an ambulance round a while back...a few days later my neighbour pulled me up and asked if everything was ok and it was the first time we'd met her lol.

Think its just concern though :/

However i blooming curtain twitched at our next door neighbour and gave them the death glare...how many times does one person need to slam their car doors and walk in and out of their house so the dog barks every two minutes at eleven at night...too bloody right they got the stare!!!

wish the curtains were a bit twitchier when some scrote broke in via our front window, walked out with the tv and drove off in our car last year!

they only twitch when they want to look at what shops you are carrying bags from... ;)

Defo , and they all talk about each other , then pretend to be best friends , and thier all jealous on our street !

Exactly. We all check each others houses if the burglar alarms go off. If I see anyone I don't know hanging around my neighbours houses or cars when they're not around, I'll watch till I'm sure they're not up to no good. Curtains can twitch away as far I'm concerned, I don't mind.

I'm eternally grateful for a neighbour pulling back her net curtains, as she was the sole witness to a commercial 7 and a half tonner reversing into my parked car, pushing it backwards 3 metres up the road (successfully writing it off), then driving off.

Thanks to that lady, I was reimbursed sufficiently to afford a replacement vehicle (I'm completely dependent upon my car as a Blue Badge Holder) by the driver's insurance company after the Police questioned the driver on the incident.

Given the number of threads about silly little things that happen up someones street, or other pointless things i have come to the conclusion that this forum is filled with curtain twitchers!

Do you agree or not?

couldn't agree more. before you know it, it will be something along the lines of

"JUST SEEN MAN WALK DOWN ROAD, HAS NOT COME BACK YET" or

"BRIGHT LIGHT IN THE SKY 02/07/2010" (yes thats the moon!)

getting ridiculous now.... when you consider how many people have never heard of shops. "where can i buy this, where can i buy one of these".... waiting for replies takes longer than searching the internet.

people now just come up with whatever they can think of, to either gain loads of views and replies or just for the sake of it.

Archived