Anyone remember making wooden trolleys?

It was my brother's and my pram, so it's <cough> about 40 years old </cough>

An absolute white elephant of a thing when it's taking over the dining room or when you're trying to get it in and out of the car (it doesn't fold - not a bit of it) and utterly useless if you want to get in any shops, but as soon as you get to a park it's fantastic.

Then you have to get it back in the car.

I'm certainly not criticising as they were the ultimate, the Rolls Royce in prams. When they were popular, mums didn't need to get them into shops because they were left outside with the baby in it and no-one tried to nick it!

Quite a few of us used to have them when we where young and we raced each other all the time.

My brother and I have still got numerous scars from crashing into walls or falling off at high speed (well it seemed like high speed back then!)

I have all the wood I need so I guess a trip round the various tips in Sheffield this weekend will hopefully prove fruitful.

Quite a few of us used to have them when we where young and we raced each other all the time.

My brother and I have still got numerous scars from crashing into walls or falling off at high speed (well it seemed like high speed back then!)

I have all the wood I need so I guess a trip round the various tips in Sheffield this weekend will hopefully prove fruitful.

I doubt you'll get the larger wheels as discussed earlier but, some of the prams nowadays are built with larger wheels again so, you may get lucky if someone's discarded one for a newer model, good luck.

I doubt you'll get the larger wheels as discussed earlier but, some of the prams nowadays are built with larger wheels again so, you may get lucky if someone's discarded one for a newer model, good luck.

Cheers Duffems, I hope I can find something suitable over the weekend.

My lad will be chuffed and my ears will get a rest! :hihi: