OTR FREE SUMMER TRANCE PARTY!! **0 Entry all night** 23/06/10 @ The Plug

OFF THE RAIL

OTR-July10-2-2-1.jpg

37271_137683016248758_1000002118-1.jpg

OTR Free Summer Trance Party.... Thats right; £0 all night!

@ The Plug // FRIDAY 23rd JULY 2010

Featuring -

Med Vs Neil Bamford

Intertek

Jonny Burg Vs Edele Andaya

Gav Pilling Vs Leon Byk

Kryztow De Fier Vs Greg Morris

Alex Oldale Vs Richard Taylor

Tim Rand Vs Liam Wilson

Nick Scott Vs Rick Power

VENUE- The Plug, Matilda Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4QD

TIME - 10-6am

WEB - http://www.otr-online.co.uk/

FACEBOOK - OTR - Sheffield (Off The Rails)

TWITTER - http://twitter.com/OTR_online

CONTACT - Phone Alex - 07843275922 // Dave – 07522243686

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

EVENT: OFFICIAL OTR PRE PARTY

DATE: July 23rd, 2010

VENUE: The Howard, Sheffield (acroos the road from the train station)

TIME: 7.00pm - 11:00pm

COST: Free

• 2 weeks later...

In the run up to our FREE summer party on 23rd July we’ve caught up with DS Invitation residents Med & Neil Bamford, a very talented young DJ/Production duo that have been creating waves through the scene with their recent productions and remixes....

Q) Hey guys! How are things with you? It’s great to have you back playing for us later this month! Are you looking forward to returning to the OTR decks?

Neil: Hello there! :o) Yeah, things are really good. I've just moved into a new place with my girlfriend last week so things have been up in the air, but it’s all a bit less stressful now.

I cannot wait to get behind the decks at Plug. The last time we played at OTR was quite a while ago now and it was our first big gig together. Unfortunately, Johan Gielen couldn’t make it on the night so we had an extended set time. Still to this day, it has been one of our most memorable sets.

Q) How and when did the ‘Med vs. Neil Bamford’ concept come about, and how do you feel that you complement each other?

Med: Well Neil and I had been friends for a couple of years and we only lived down the road from each other, I had been making music for a couple of years but it was only just starting to ‘come together’, I had just had a bit of success with a track called ‘In You’ when Neil phones me and starts playing a small piano piece down the phone, we had talked about making a track together before but with my lack of production knowledge and having never done a collaboration before I was slightly dubious, however after hearing the melody he had come up with I thought it be stupid to turn it down! It felt very natural working together and it’s been like that ever since. Neil is a brilliant music writer so all ideas are spawned from a melody he writes, where I lack is exactly where Neil excels and visa versa. We literally couldn’t do it without each other!

Q) What can the OTR crowd expect from your set, and what is it about your sets that people enjoy?

Neil: People can expect to hear what we love listening to; uplifting, driving and epic trance. There is nothing better than hearing your favourite tunes in a club, we always pick a few tracks we’re set on playing, with this we always think about what effect it will have on the crowd, this then leaves us able to fill the gaps with where the mood takes us, I think people would enjoy the energy we put into our sets as well as the love for the tunes we play.

Q) You’ve seen your productions growing from strength to strength over the last year or so. How does it feel to have your tracks supported by some of the biggest names on the scene and featured on shows such as ‘A State of Trance’ and ‘Corsten’s Countdown’?

Neil: It is a massive, massive honour. These are the very people that got us into trance in the first place. To be honest, it still hasn’t sunk in yet. I think it's very easy to get ahead of yourself off a good release but the hard work is keeping up the interest and trying to make the last tune better than the one before. Hopefully people will keep enjoying our music and the big boys will keep playing our stuff.

Med: I think Neil hit the nail on the head there, it’s amazing to have the support we’re getting but we’re under no illusions, things are very different from the way they used to be. If a small production outfit such as ourselves were to have a ‘big’ track it would feature in hundreds of sets every weekend and be around for months. Nower days a track is only around for a fraction of that time and can be quickly forgotten, there’s still a few exceptions to this rule but it teaches us we can’t get content with a track that’s done well as we have to quickly move onto the next. It is nice however to take a step back and appreciate what we’ve achieved so far.

Q) Your most recent production, ‘Light Up’, has become hugely successful and you also have a string of massive remixes under your name. Have you got any other tracks/remixes in the pipeline that you can share with us?

Neil: I am thrilled with how well 'Light Up' and our recent remixes have been received. It's always a big boost to stumble across one of our tracks in a set but it’s brilliant to have the likes of Armin, Aly & Fila, Sean Tyas & Bobina backing our recent tracks. We have a couple more remixes coming out soon for 'Hensha – One Tear' on Infrasonic and 'Mathew Stanley - Storm Warning' with Perceptive. We have also signed our latest original track 'Last Stand' to Infrasonic which has already had an exclusive play at Trance Energy this year.

Med: I’m really proud of Last Stand, I’m usually very critical of my work and stress a lot when writing a track, however this track came together very easily and musically I think it’s our strongest track to date.

Q) What are your aspirations for the future? Are their any dates your fans should remember?

Neil: My aspirations for the future are to keep creating music that I enjoy to hear out. I would also like to see Digital Society, DS Invitation, MYO and In;Progress grow and to keep succeeding in putting on incredible nights. Future dates to remember would be our headlining of Versatile in Manchester on the 7th August and also our involvement at the UK Indoor festival on the 4th September at The Emporium in Coalville.

Med: My hope is that we continue enjoying what we’re doing and just see what happens from there, again, we’re under no illusions. I also hope Neil doesn’t go off and find someone better as I’d be properly f*cked!

Q) And finally, what’s your funniest after-party memory?

Neil: I've had a ridiculous amount of good times getting on the session at an 'afters'. My funniest memory would have to be waking up in 4 different houses on the same night. The 4th being my house 100 miles away from the 3rd house. No idea!

Med: One that springs to mind is sitting in a secluded cove watching the sun rise on a peaceful Ibizan morning when suddenly the ‘Green Police’ appear from nowhere! One officer starts searching someone in the group and finds something he doesn’t take a shine to, he then proclaims ‘I know you, I arrested you yesterday!!’. Needless to say this wasn’t their first encounter and he was whisked off to a Spanish cell for a few days!

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us today and we’re really looking forward to catching up with you on 23rd July.

To help pass the time this week and get you in the mood for the weekend here’s an exclusive guest mix provided by Med & Neil Bamford:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gnpbrd

01. TrancEye - Baltic Waves (Oen Bearen Tribute To Wroclaw Mix)

02. Costa - High Above (SoundLift Remix)

03. Akira Kayosa & Adam Coppack - Everything Ends (Med vs. Neil Bamford Remix)

04. Sundriver - Feel - (Nitrous Oxide Remix)

05. Daniel Kandi & Martijn Stegerhoek - Australia

06. Andy Tau - Ellipsis (Juventa Remix)

07.Sindre Eide -Two Against The World (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix)

08. ReOrder feat. Stine Grove - Biscay Bay (Ferry Tayle Neverending Story Remix)

09. Space Garden - Sora (TrancEye Eemix)

10. Andy Blueman - Florescence (Epic Mix)

See you there

Team OTR

Hey boys and girls,

OTR's massive free party is this Friday at Plug. Its going to be epic!

With the whole Plug nightclub open for FREE this is going to be a night to remember. In the Neutral room will be our good-selves at OTR playing the finest trance music. In Live will be the huge Covert Sound System. And finally in Earth will be fidget house.

All this for free. Miss it, miss out!

Set times for OTR...

10:00 – 11:00 DJ KcMcfin & Luke Jackson

11:00 – 12:00 Intertek

12:00 – 01:00 Gav Pilling & Leon Byk

01:00 – 02:00 Jonny Burg & Edele Andaya

02:00 – 03:00 Med vs. Neil Bamford

03:00 – 04:00 Tim Rand & Liam Wilson

04:00 – 05:00 Kryztow De Fier & Greg Morris

05:00 – 06:00 Alex Oldale & Richard Taylor

===============================

Ahead of their performance at OTR this Friday at our FREE summer party we’ve taken the opportunity to catch up with Intertek, residents at MYO and winners of the 2009 Trackitdown.net Trance Awards competition.

Good morning gentlemen, thank you for taking time out to chat with us today. First of all, this will be your first time playing to the OTR crowd, what can we expect from you this Friday?

First of all, thanks for inviting us to play at OTR, we are really looking forward to playing this Fri. Well we like to mix it up a bit so expect absolutely anything.

How and when was the ‘Intertek’ concept formed, and where does the name Intertek come from?

Jordan: Well guys, myself and Ryan first met in at the synergy DJ Competition back in 2008 where we both ended up in the final. Not long after that I suggested that it would be a good idea to put our heads together and see what we would come up with as we recognised that our styles and passion for music were very similar. We hooked up a few times and it just worked.

Ryan: With regards to the name Intertek, I actually saw the name on a piece of paper, it was sort of a play on words ‘in to tek’ – “intertek’’. Plus our also style has techno influences hence the tek.

How would you best describe your style of music?

Ryan: I don’t think we have a particular style to be honest, we don’t like to pigeon hole our style too much, we like to keep it fresh. We play anything from Tech House, progressive, techno, tech trance, uplifting and so on, it keeps It interesting for us and most importantly the crowd"

Jordan: We obviously love to play peak time trance like everyone else but essentially we play for the time of night we're booked to play at

What do you feel are the benefits of playing as a duo, and how do you think your styles complement each other?

We are both extremely driven & competitive so we are always trying to come up with some wicked ideas to bring to the table next time we meet up. If one of us comes up with a wicked idea then the other will go “I can do that too, but better” so we always end up coming up with some great ideas to work with.

You currently hold a residency for Digital Society’s DS Invitation concept. How did you feel when you were announced as residents and how do you feel you have benefited as DJs from this?

Ryan: It’s a great honour for us to be a part of Digital Society, it’s one of the most exciting club brands in the world at the moment and we feel privileged to be a part of the team, everyone from the clubbers to the management are great. Obviously the benefits are good, but to be associated with a brand that’s at the top of its game is inspiration enough but we never get complacent that we are lucky to be where we are right now.

Jordan: I think that being part of an exciting brand such as DS Invitation inspires us to try to learn and improve with every gig in order to be the best we can be as there are so many talented DJ's who grace the decks there that you have to pull out all the stops to stand out against anyone else

At the end of last year you won the 'TrackItDown.Net' DJ Competition, along with our very own Hiddenagenda, where you were given the opportunity to play a set at The Trance Awards at the Ministry of Sound club in London. What did it mean to you to win this competition?

It meant an awful lot to be some of the winners in this competition, we work really hard on trying to be good at what we do and to have your mix chosen out of hundreds of mixes is really amazing. There is no better feeling, it’s probably the biggest compliment we have had to date.

What has been your most enjoyable gig to date?

That’s a tough one as there have been many great gigs, but we would have to say that our recent Main Room debut for Ds Invitation warming up for Manuel Le Saux a couple of weeks ago was immense, we loved every minute of it, the crowd was great and really up for it that night. We didn't stop smiling for about a week afterwards.

And finally, what’s your funniest after-party memory?

Ryan: I can't tell ya that, I'd have to kill ya, let’s just say it was Intertaining, haha"

Jordan: Hmmmmmmmmm! I don’t know guys; you could get us into trouble with questions like that lol! One that springs to mind involves a non-stick frying pan, a head lamp, a boiler suit, a spoon, an inflatable palm tree and MC Hammer. The rest stays on tour"!!!!

Thanks again guys and we’re really looking forward to catching up with you on 23rd July. Be sure to catch Intertek this Friday at OTR’s FREE Summer Party.

Here’s a little taster of what to expect from Intertek:

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?nvznz1jmzkm

Inter:tainment Vol. 5

01. Ferry Corsten presents Pulse - Rendition

02. Mason - You Are Not Alone

03. Mat Zo - 24 Hours (Rank 1 Remix)

04. George Acosta - Elastik People (Carlo Calabro Remix)

05. Lange - Live Forever (Mat Zo Remix)

06. Evgeny Bardyuzha - Hylea (Vulcan Remix)

07. Simmons & Blanc - Whatever It Takes

08. Arty - Hope

09. Bansi Riktam - Green Space

10. Zoo Brazil - Late At Night (Tocadisco Remix)

11. Max Graham - Dusky 2010

12. W&W - Manhattan (Sied van Riel Remix)

13. Phillip D - Airport (Randy Katana Remix)

14. The Flyers & Mike Sonar - Everytime I Close My Eyes

15. Mike Foyle presents Statica - Blossom (Arty Remix)

16. ID - ID

17. Artento Divini - Griffin

18. Sergey Tkachev - 2000 Days Ago (Tasadi & Nhato Remix)

19. Jon O’Bir - Found A Way

Archived