Is the weather spoiling your appetite

while its been warm ive found ive only been having one slice of fried bread instead of two on my daily fry up at the cafe .:lol::lol:

*raises hand dramatically to her brow...*

You'll waste away to nothing!!!!!! Good grief, man!

It's spoiling my appetite a little... but it's wreaking havoc with my (already rubbish) sleep patterns.

I'm too hot, so the cover goes off. Then I'm too cold, so the cover goes back on.

Then I'm too hot, (again) so I throw the cover off.. Then I'm too cold, again...

rinse and repeat... till about 4am

(add in the random timings of my neighbour -the one with mental health problems- arguing with the voices in their head at dark o'clock... Noise which is amplified seeing as the heat requires a window being opened :roll:)

Lovely... Just lovely.

I've had similar problems trying to get to sleep. Someone suggested a few cans of Tenants Super Strength to knock me out. Tried it last night and still couldn't sleep. I was up all night singing!

Guest sibon
Given the value of the rate constant k at different temperatures, what graph would you plot to determine the activation energy of the reaction?

What sort of Jahn-Teller distortion would you expect in an octahedral Ti(III) complex?

What's the mechanism of the aldol condensation?

Oooh, that takes me back. Is the first one to do with the Ahrrenius equation?

At a guess, it will be logs of k and T, or 1/T.

I've no idea about the second one.

The third one used to cause me nightmares. Acid catalysed or base catalysed?

Oooh, that takes me back. Is the first one to do with the Ahrrenius equation?

At a guess, it will be logs of k and T, or 1/T.

I've no idea about the second one.

The third one used to cause me nightmares. Acid catalysed or base catalysed?

Hmm, not bad, I'll let you off!

Why do go off your food when the weather gets hot any idea ?

I dunno but I know that food gives you the fuel to create body heat. If you've ever gone a day in winter without eating and then another pigging out you'll see that food is the difference between being warm and freezing. Maybe because in summer you're already boiling hot, your body isn't that bothered about food and just wants water to stay hydrated. :?

Archived