GUANTANAMO prison torture terrorism

Aren't all these arguments about 'what if they had a bomb in a city centre and only they knew the code' kind of pointless.

I mean, that only ever happens in '24', in real life isn't torture mostly used to extract confessions?

Point taken, but my argument is that some people will say never use torture in any circumstances This is why the most severe circumstances are being raised for question. And whilst I admit I may have used a scenario that could be on 24, we are talking about Guantanamo....many inmates are/were linked to Islamic terrorism. If roughing them up a bit saves another 9/11.....so what?

Point taken, but my argument is that some people will say never use torture in any circumstances This is why the most severe circumstances are being raised for question. And whilst I admit I may have used a scenario that could be on 24, we are talking about Guantanamo....many inmates are/were linked to Islamic terrorism. If roughing them up a bit saves another 9/11.....so what?

WELL SAID AZAZEL!!:clap::clap::clap:

name calling now are we ?

well i put my hand up ,i would rather have one man in pain than a hundred dead innocents

Re my bold.

No...most definately not. :)

Arguing for torture is the height of stupidity (imho). That does not make you stupid. I am attacking your philosophy not your person. :thumbsup:

Point taken, but my argument is that some people will say never use torture in any circumstances This is why the most severe circumstances are being raised for question. And whilst I admit I may have used a scenario that could be on 24, we are talking about Guantanamo....many inmates are/were linked to Islamic terrorism. If roughing them up a bit saves another 9/11.....so what?[/QUOTE]

Re my bold.

What do you think of the school of thought that says "violence breeds violence?"

Point taken, but my argument is that some people will say never use torture in any circumstances This is why the most severe circumstances are being raised for question. And whilst I admit I may have used a scenario that could be on 24, we are talking about Guantanamo....many inmates are/were linked to Islamic terrorism. If roughing them up a bit saves another 9/11.....so what?[/QUOTE]

Re my bold.

What do you think of the school of thought that says "violence breeds violence?"

Probably true.......the violence caused by terrorists means they deserve a little in return :)

Has it saved another 9/11?

If so then its still a distasteful way to obtain information - although could be justified somewhat.

If it hasn't then we're just torturing people for fun which is repugnant and barbaric

Has it saved another 9/11?

If so then its still a distasteful way to obtain information - although could be justified somewhat.

If it hasn't then we're just torturing people for fun which is repugnant and barbaric

We simply don't know - nor ever will. But it is more than possible that information obtained by torture has saved lives. Probable in fact.

Archived