Nasturtium terror!

I have a nasturtium in my BBQ (I turned it into a planter) Since yesterday one of the shoots has grown by at least six inches! At this rate it will have sent tendrils into my kitchen (which it has turned to face!) by the weekend. Do I need to worry about this? :gag::help:

I have a nasturtium in my BBQ (I turned it into a planter) Since yesterday one of the shoots has grown by at least six inches! At this rate it will have sent tendrils into my kitchen (which it has turned to face!) by the weekend. Do I need to worry about this? :gag::help:

No, I believe you can eat nasturtium flowers.

Triffids grow differently and they walk about rather than simply displaying an extraordinary growth pattern.

This sounds more like a new form of mutation, perhaps something from Area 51 and a half has genetically mutated it in some way.

I suggest some controlled experiments involving baby bio and other nutrients. You never know you could have found something that would make a significant contribution to feeding starving people in poor countries or the flowers might produce natural remedies for ailments.

Edit: They seem to be natural marvels with a variety of uses, so your new fast growing variety might be even more potent. The possibilities for testing appear almost limitless. You could rub some oil from it on your chest to see if you get hair growth, for example.

http://www.landscape-and-garden.com/herbs/nasturtiums.aspx

Triffids grow differently and they walk about rather than simply displaying an extraordinary growth pattern.

This sounds more like a new form of mutation, perhaps something from Area 51 and a half has genetically mutated it in some way.[/Quote]

Eeek ...you may be right !

Just checked the biohazard tanks in my biology department. Tank 47b is leaking and there's a mysterious green slime trailing away from it! :wow:

Eeek ...you may be right !

Just checked the biohazard tanks in my biology department. Tank 47b is leaking and there's a mysterious green slime trailing away from it! :wow:

Ahh sorry about that i was making guacamole and rather overdid it and thought the tanks were the perfect place to store the excess.

Did you know that nasturtiums also attract blackfly so if these mutant plants are free from blackfly you've probably got triffids and should take appropriate action.

Ahh sorry about that i was making guacamole and rather overdid it and thought the tanks were the perfect place to store the excess.

Did you know that nasturtiums also attract blackfly so if these mutant plants are free from blackfly you've probably got triffids and should take appropriate action.

How many times have I told you to keep out of my biohazard tanks! :rant:

The plants are now heading toward the catering department door sans blackfly. Due to this and heeding your advice I've taken 'appropriate action' and decided to evacuate!

Do you have any spare toilet paper? :gag::help:

Archived