Who pays the union leaders?

Ignore the Unions and thier fellow travellers they are politally motivated gangsters who would have ruined this country had it not been saved by Thatcher and the tories.

Scargill closed the mines, Scanlon and Jones finished the motor industry. A conglomerate of fools closed Fleet Street. The steel industry was ruined by the steel strike not by Thatcher.

Dont fall for it, form a works committee, represent yourselves.

ex NUM

Stay where you are at present.

There are no jobs out there, and will be a lot less before this shower of incompetents have done..

If they are messing you about get the Union in sharpish.

Why do you think footballers and actors get paid so well?

They have agents and unions guarding their interests.

Ignore the Unions and thier fellow travellers they are politally motivated gangsters who would have ruined this country had it not been saved by Thatcher and the tories.

Scargill closed the mines, Scanlon and Jones finished the motor industry. A conglomerate of fools closed Fleet Street. The steel industry was ruined by the steel strike not by Thatcher.

Dont fall for it, form a works committee, represent yourselves.

ex NUM

Whats up with you i bet you did not get a nice redundancy payout and pension , from the mines/steelworks which without the Union backing/negotion , would have been very low . All for one and one for all not pick on the weak.

Members contributions pay for their salaries. Considering they are basically chief executives of organisations with in some cases a million members they are paid fairly low rates in comparison with what a business leader would get.

Unfortunately in my limited experience of getting 'help' from unions it's a good idea not to hold your breath while you wait. - Particularly if the local union rep's nephew is married to the bosses daughter.

Unfortunately in my limited experience of getting 'help' from unions it's a good idea not to hold your breath while you wait. - Particularly if the local union rep's nephew is married to the bosses daughter.

Why put up with it then.

Get rid of him, I honestly don't think half of you people have ever worked anywhere, in positions that carry any clout.

If my Union rep, or even Convenor showed the slightest inclination toward toadying, I would have his guts for garters.

There was an article in the metro today talking about the salaries of union leaders-the ones listed earning of £100k per year plus free houses etc.

Did they ever have to go on strike to get those pay and conditions?

Do union members have to pay their subs when the union tells them to go on strike?

Do the union officials get their pay check when the members go on strike?

If that is the case you should get someone else from the union to provide representation, and long term if you think they not independent get someone to stand against them and vote them out of their position.

Unions are democracies if only we could do the same with bosses and management.

I doubt Rooney and Julia Roberts get paid well because they are in a union.

Maybe not but like all workers they are relying on the ground work put in by unions over the years. :roll:

The Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) is the association for professional footballers in England and Wales. It is the world's oldest professional sportsperson's association and has 4,000 members.

The aims of the PFA are to protect, improve and negotiate the conditions, rights and status of all professional players by collective bargaining agreements

Archived