Dull pain on right hand side of body

I've just booked a doctors appointment but they can't fit me in till next week, so wondered if anyone else has had something similar to this.

A couple of days ago while lying in bed I woke up with a sharp pain on the right hand side of my body, just below the ribcage. I also felt very hot and sweaty, though of course this could just have been due to the weather.

Anyway, two days on the pain is still there but more as a kind of dull pain that's pretty constant but varies in intensity. There's no outward signs on the skin of any bruising or anything, so I'm guessing it's something internal, but I'm not really certain what organs are in that part of the body. I'm taking ibuprofen to relieve the pain, but I'm not sure it's working.

I know it's all guesswork but does anyone have any idea what it might be?

For organs....could be liver or kidneys just as an example. Maybe just muscular/general pain also? Does it hurt when you push in? If there was a problem with your organs you would probably have other symptoms like blood in urine for kidneys or discoloured skin and eyes for liver.

I ain't a doctor just a hypochondriac who has done research myself.......these are just vague ideas,,,,,,

I've just booked a doctors appointment but they can't fit me in till next week, so wondered if anyone else has had something similar to this.

A couple of days ago while lying in bed I woke up with a sharp pain on the right hand side of my body, just below the ribcage. I also felt very hot and sweaty, though of course this could just have been due to the weather.

Anyway, two days on the pain is still there but more as a kind of dull pain that's pretty constant but varies in intensity. There's no outward signs on the skin of any bruising or anything, so I'm guessing it's something internal, but I'm not really certain what organs are in that part of the body. I'm taking ibuprofen to relieve the pain, but I'm not sure it's working.

I know it's all guesswork but does anyone have any idea what it might be?

Dont ever get a medical opinion off the internet. Have patience and wait until you see your doctor. Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory drug and takes a couple of days to work, but it can upset your stomach.

Wait until you see your doctor. - I wouldn't rely on an online diagnoses.

There are, however a few things you could do (or refrain from doing) while you're waiting.

1. Eat a low-fat diet. (Your gall bladder also lives in the area you mentioned.)

2. Don't drink alcohol.

3. Go easy on painkillers. - Your liver has to process them and if your liver has a problem, it doesn't need any additional work to do.

Pancreatitis, kidney pain. gall bladder problems, appendicitis, muscle strain - could be any number of things. Don't wait until Monday - go to the walk in centre tomorrow. Hope you can be reassured x

Archived