Do you believe in inequality?

ON NO! It looks like this is going to turn into yet another God Botherers thread, despite my attempts to derail that happening.:(

How could it not become that, when one of the main people involved in the argument started invoking god and souls into her arguments?

This seems to have evolved into a debate about ethics. Morals are human (mostly man) made constructs and have evolved over time. Some are universal, ie not murdering, although in certain contexts, ie self-defence and combat situations, it is acceptable. Others are personal, cultural and/or religious, such as homosexuality and abortion.

As quality of life has improved we have focussed more on self-fulfilment and personal happiness, this in turn has moved the boundaries of what was once considered acceptable, for example, 'wife beating/chastisement' as cyclone (I think) mentioned.

As for inequality, sadly it does exist because some people consider themselves and others to be superior and others inferior. :( I am a firm believer in equality.

This seems to have evolved into a debate about ethics. Morals are human (mostly man) made constructs and have evolved over time. Some are universal, ie not murdering, although in certain contexts, ie self-defence and combat situations, it is acceptable. Others are personal, cultural and/or religious, such as homosexuality and abortion.

As quality of life has improved we have focussed more on self-fulfilment and personal happiness, this in turn has moved the boundaries of what was once considered acceptable, for example, 'wife beating/chastisement' as cyclone (I think) mentioned.

As for inequality, sadly it does exist because some people consider themselves and others to be superior and others inferior. :( I am a firm believer in equality.

Aww my Gawd! Now someones attempting to turn it into a racist thread!...Nobody mention Bicycles...PLEASE!:huh:

No, I don't feel superior to anyone, they just have a different belief system to me, one which I cannot comprehend.

What about someone who has an IQ of 40, eats mud, and considers the comedy of Benny Hill too complexly layered to be enjoyable?

Archived