Do you believe in inequality?

If we all have the same thinking and can do whatever one does isn't that boring? there is no challenge that is what I mean...

As I said...we're equal but think and act differently so therefore not "boring"..in most cases. It would be absurd to think we all think equally ever when at a push we think along the same lines even.

The question was asked "Do you believe in inequality?" No I don't.

You conveniently left out the unequal option.:hihi:

3 is not more equal than 2 they are UNEQUAL

Correct. Then again I thought we were discussing the Physiology of man....not mathematics.:P

Correct. Then again I thought we were discussing the Physiology of man....not mathematics.:P

Equality and inequality are mathematical concepts not physiological ones.

Physiology being a science can and does use mathematics to describe and analyze physiological measurements.

If you are discussing physiology you have obviously jumped on the wrong discipline, respiration rates, muscle densities, hormone concentrations, nerve transmission rates etc will throw little light on the ill defined social science concepts that you are discussing on this thread.

Insofar as Physiology has an impact on 'Human Equality' phrases like more equal and less equal would not be used due to the fact that they are devoid of meaning.:hihi:

It would appear that Equality is an Alien Concept :hihi:

Equality and inequality are mathematical concepts not physiological ones.

Physiology being a science can and does use mathematics to describe and analyze physiological measurements.

If you are discussing physiology you have obviously jumped on the wrong discipline, respiration rates, muscle densities, hormone concentrations, nerve transmission rates etc will throw little light on the ill defined social science concepts that you are discussing on this thread.

Insofar as Physiology has an impact on 'Human Equality' phrases like more equal and less equal would not be used due to the fact that they are devoid of meaning.:hihi:

I think most people understand what social and political equality mean, it therefore it must have meaning, surely. :confused:

Not everything is reducible to mathematics, and mathematics isn't the only form of meaning.

I think most people understand what social and political equality mean, it therefore it must have meaning, surely. :confused:

Not everything is reducible to mathematics, and mathematics isn't the only form of meaning.

The problem is that most people have different understandings of what social and political equality mean.

Whether based on gender, race, creed or even intelligence. Any criteria.

Are there people on here willing to admit they believe certain types of people should be considered superior?

A controversial subject matter I know, but it's important that people feel comfortable expressing their views and I'm genuinely interested in such views.

What makes a certain group superior to another?

The problem is that most people have different understandings of what social and political equality mean.

I'll agree to disagree...only if you read the original OP.

I may have got it wrong but I read the op in relation to how we behave and interact with one another on a human level.

As for maths...yep 1+1=2

As the OP suggested he's genuinely interested as I am, so on that note please enlighten us less fortunate to be less than your equel and explain your above statement. what is it we don't understand?

Whether based on gender, race, creed or even intelligence. Any criteria.

Are there people on here willing to admit they believe certain types of people should be considered superior?

A controversial subject matter I know, but it's important that people feel comfortable expressing their views and I'm genuinely interested in such views.

What makes a certain group superior to another?

I have noticed that black men/women tend to be superioir sprinters and that white men/women tend to be superior swimmers...is that racial inequality ?

I have noticed that black men/women tend to be superioir sprinters and that white men/women tend to be superior swimmers...is that racial inequality ?

Outrageous ! You shouldn't be noticing things like that.

Archived