PEugeot 306 making a gurgling noise

Does a manual gearbox require transmission fluid....all I seem to be able to find online is only automatics use it?

PS: Done a bit of narrowing down, run the engine, depressed the clutch and the noise is still there, however it's very, very faint. So surely that rules out a lot of things gearbox wise?

Could it be anything to do with the driveshaft?

Does this gurgling noise sound like money going down a drain?

No, nothing like that at all, if it was anything like that it would be off the road in seconds....that's a sure sign that my engine / gearbox is falling apart right?

i spoke to a guy at ford who said put your heater on full blast as hot as it goes and hold the revs at about 5000rpm for a while and that should push the air lock out.

How are you going to push an air lock out of a closed system? You need to bleed it.

Get a 2L pop bottle. Trim down the end and jam it into the expansion tank.

Fill with coolant, start the engine and let it run at fast tickover.

Turn heaters on and to hot and open the lower then the upper bleed screws. I think there are at least two, maybe three, depending on model.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but could this be the catalytic convertor.

Symtoms ive had, massive drop in fuel mileage, funny blowing sort of noise (patched smal

l hole with gungum) noise still there, evident in low gear but not with clutch pressed (coasting) and lack of immediate power when i press the accelerator at low speed.

Thanks for looking.

Archived