Great Men who influenced your Life

My late father :cry::cry:. He died last week.

I am so sorry to hear that.

I think I know a little how you feel.

I lost my parents over 30 years ago, but I got through, and here I am.:hihi:

I am so sorry to hear that.

I think I know a little how you feel.

I lost my parents over 30 years ago, but I got through, and here I am.:hihi:

So sorry hun, I know It never gets any easier. Still grieving from my Mums death 10 year ago. At least I got to say good bye to my Dad (We all saw it coming) Luckily my BF has stood by me and made life somewhat bareable. Xo

So sorry hun, I know It never gets any easier. Still grieving from my Mums death 10 year ago. At least I got to say good bye to my Dad (We all saw it coming) Luckily my BF has stood by me and made life somewhat bareable. Xo

Stand tall, thats all you can do.

Just remember all the love and affection, you had.

The pain fades in time.

I know the greatest man in my life is my father, no angel, still here at seventy and the most sincere decent hard working man with a defined moral code. Thankfully these attributes are passed down to his children and my mothers values also.

To our fathers.

Macmillan was a cuckold, his wife was the lover of Bob Boothby a bisexual who was also a lover of Ronnie Kray and a confidante of other very undesirebale people. Macmillan knew about it and did nothing and is therefore diminished in my opinion.

Wilson was probably the "fifth man" after Philby, Burgess, Mclean and Blunt and was , in all probaility a communist, his relations with east european ex pats such as Kagan also raise suspicion, however he kept us out of Vietnam, this was good for the UK but, from an objective view, further proof of his adherence to Moscows instructions.

The great politicians who have influenced and affected this country positively are in order of of effectiveness.

1. Churchill 2. Thatcher. 3. Attlee 4. Blair. Major would have done better if the Tories had not imploded over Europe, Wilson, Callaghan, Brown, Macmillan and Eden acheived very little. Heath was largely ineffective except, he was the only one to really stand up to the yanks.

There are three men of international standing who have influenced me during my lifetime.

Mohammed Ali, Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King. I did not neccesarily agree with all their beliefs but feel privilidged to share the planet with men like these.

I am a white midle aged person of a centre right wing persuasion.

Having been born in 1951, Harold Macmillan was obviously one, so was the other Harold, Harold Wilson, the best PM this country has ever had, in my memory.

Having been born in 1951, Harold Macmillan was obviously one, so was the other Harold, Harold Wilson, the best PM this country has ever had, in my memory.

For my money it's Harold Wilson, whose government doubled the minimum down payment on a house, and made it impossible for me to buy a lovely little bungalow in Redruth, Cornwall. I had completed my HNC at Cornwall Technical College, and been offered a teaching position there after I left the Royal Navy. In disgust we emigrated to Canada. Thank you Harold for the best decision I ever made.:)

Archived