Are you allowed to put up a garden shed in your front garden?

Are you reffering to the point that is a full two years out of date?

I'm referring to this bit:

Under new regulations that came into effect on 1 October 2008 outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:

No outbuilding on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation.

Here's a more pretty one done in Flash

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/miniguides/outbuildings/outbuildings.html

I'm referring to this bit:

Under new regulations that came into effect on 1 October 2008 outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:

No outbuilding on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation.

Here's a more pretty one done in Flash

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/miniguides/outbuildings/outbuildings.html

Yes, that is pretty isn't it. Not as pretty as the HUGE shed that I built in my front garden in April though. Planning came round to see me after someone had compained. I quoted the sub clause in the revised regulations (which puts the regs two years out of date) and 3 days later I recieved a letter from them saying that no action would be taken. Yipyaahoo!!

It pays to dig a little deeper below the surface instead of taking everything as read doesn't it!? Try it yourself!

Yes it does! It is far more important to tediously memorise and follow all laws than to think for yourself!

Did you know that last year HeadingNorth proudly reported his relatives for eating turkey on Christmas Day? That'll punish them for not realising that in 1588 Elizabeth I enacted a law making it an offence to eat any bird other than goose on Christmas day. Things which are illegal are still illegal whether they cause a problem to anybody else or not.

Yes it does! It is far more important to tediously memorise and follow all laws than to think for yourself!

Did you know that last year HeadingNorth proudly reported his relatives for eating turkey on Christmas Day? That'll punish them for not realising that in 1588 Elizabeth I enacted a law making it an offence to eat any bird other than goose on Christmas day. Things which are illegal are still illegal whether they cause a problem to anybody else or not.

Just making the wheat bold, the rest is chaff. You seem to have got the picture now.

Skip through life, happy as a sand boy. My lads are home for dinner tomoro' Yipee.

Got some catching up to do. Love to you all, Good night and God bless.

Why not report it to the local council. If the shed is contradictory to the law/regulations or bylaws, then something will be done about it. If it is not, the shed will stay put no doubt. What harm is done? All you have done is question something’s legality.

I have only just signed up to this forum, but I have been watching it for yonks.

Posters such as headingnorth, banana split and co have always given me the giggles. They post with such authority while having no real clue what they are talking about, then a huge barny breaks out! hehe haha!

Anyway. A shed is classed as a temporary building and does not require planning permission. Thanks for the entertainment guys. hoho!

It seems you've joined the 'Posting with Authority' or was it 'Pot Calling Kettle Black' club? ;)

I've no authority whatsoever, but it might also be worth pointing out that many properties in Sheff are leasehold, and any new structure may require the permission of the leaseholder.

Archived