What to do with this pigeon?

Harvey looks like a young wood pigeon to me. What about taking him to a wooded area/park and liberating him so mother nature can take her course? I know it might seem cruel but could it be a case of survival of the fittest?

I think it's sweet that you've taken this poor pigeon under your wing (hehe).

However, I think it would be hilarious if you spent all this time nursing him back to health, only to have him poo on your car and fly away.

A few years ago we had a fledgling blackbird in our garden for 2 or 3 days. It wouldn't/couldn't fly and spent most of its days hopping around in the garden pecking at the budgie seeds the kids put down for it. One morning we found it dead in the flower bed. The kids were so upset but it was a lesson for them to learn about the circle of life..........

Most of the young are in the process of fledging just now aren't they...Maybe he thought he was ready to leave the nest and didn't quite make it.

Archived