USA wants YOUR banking data!

I've just heard a conversation on Radio 4 between some US official and a member of the EU parliament discussing the US's request for the banking data of the EU.

It seems the US feel they can only fight terrorism effectively if they have their hands on all of our bank data, but would not reciprocate. The US officials reason for denying such a request was "because the EU has been infiltrated by the Muslim brotherhood and so the data would not be secure".

Not to mention the insult such a claim is, how dare the US demand such data! Who the hell do they think they are?

I've been a supporter of the US for as long as I have lived over time I am becoming more and more disillusioned with their blatant double standards. Extradition procedures are another are where they get what they want but the rest of the world can go ***** itself.

Now, the EU does seem to have put safeguards in place, but this does not change the fact the EU has no access to equivalent data from the US and no hope of ever gaining it either.

Personally I think the UK should start to redress the balance and look first to our European neighbours rather than the self indulgent bullyboy that is the USA.

Archived