What do your clothes say about you?

There are many people who believe that you are what you eat, and many more who believe that you are what you wear.You only have to look at the number of style magazines that spread across the newsagents shelves and look at some of the stuff young people buy these days. These magazines are full of people like The Beckhams with Victoria pouting and posing in her latest designer gear and Colleen Rooney with her Real women programme that has been on TV recently.

I have gone through many phases over the years of being very bothered about what I bought and what I wore, being not so bothered and hopefully middle age gives you the confidence to wear whatever you like and not really care what people think about this.

I was recently having a conversation with someone about how they dress their children and many of my friends children are clean and presentable but didnt mind when they were little that they got dirty as their clothes were good clothes, decent quality but none of them wore designer stuff.

So, when you meet someone for the first time, do you make judgements about them based on what they wear and how they present themsleves or do you look beyond their attire and like them for what they have to say and what kind of person they are?

Just interested in opinions thats all.

It doesn't matter what background you are from some people have great fashion sense and others have not.

Some trends I like some I don't - however not everyone can carry off shorts, mini skirts, and tops with black tights - the fatter you are the more you should cover up and avoid huge patterns and gaudy designs.

Victoria Beckham does have good fashion sense although she is too thin IMO

I've always been interested in fashion, maybe because two models used to babysit for us - they worked part-time for my father.

Can't say I have a model figure, I don't - but I would rather be curvy than have a boyish figure

My clothes are classic and in fashion, in fact I have too many and am constantly giving them away

My clothes tell people that I'm not into the idea of paying a company lots of money to be a walking billboard for their particular brand.

:thumbsup:

You make your own clothes though don't you? The best brand there is! Wear it proud.

I never wear bright colours. Love black. If clothes really do say anything about personality then I am dull, plain, simple and uninteresting. :hihi:

:|

The only judgement I make from someone's clothes is whether they can dress themselves appropriately or not!

It grieves me to see beautiful curves squished into unflattering lumps, or anorexia cases showing too much bone

Yes, clothes make a statement about who you are, but I'm pretty accepting of who people are (I just avoid introducing friends to each other so as not to frighten any of them :P )

:thumbsup:

You make your own clothes though don't you? The best brand there is! Wear it proud.

I never wear bright colours. Love black. If clothes really do say anything about personality then I am dull, plain, simple and uninteresting. :hihi:

:|

Haha I do :)

You reminded me of Johnny Cash-

Well, you wonder why I always dress in black

Why you never see bright colors on my back

And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone

Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on

Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day

And tell the world that everything's okay

But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back

Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Great great song :D

That is a great song :banana:

I've dressed the same since i was 17teen army lightweights and a t-shirt with the occasional changes to smarter clothes when the situation dictates, my only stipulation is that whatever i wear has to be light breathable and reasonably hard wearing since i never know when i may need the freedom to become very energetic.

Also i dislike brand names with a vengeance i wear nothing with a logo on the exterior and even patterns and pictures put me off.

Archived