Azaad's - New kashmiri restaurant = verdict!

The Hubby and me first went to Azaads last Saturday evening. We were a little put off at first, when we walked in, we was the only ones in there, always worrying when your the only ones there, but it has only been open 7 weeks,and he hadn't done much advertising to be fair. When the food came, it was, we thought, of outstanding quality, infact, the best curry we've had.....and we have had some currys in our time. In fact, it was that good, we went back last night with our 13 and 16 yr old daughters, same again, well impressed, our girls really enjoyed it. Last night, we had, for starter.....a BIG sizzling pan of:- Chicken Tikka,Tandoori Chicken,and chicken Kebab(Sausage type) with the pickle tray, Vegetable curry, Mango chicken, Ginger Lamb and another chicken dish, Pilau rice x 2,3 Roti Breads with 4 diet cokes and the bill only came to £46....Outstanding Value for absolutely gaaaawjus food. This place will definately be one of our regular eating places. Azaad is the guy who owns the place and he is very welcoming and friendly and the waiter, who is very young, is very good. The restaurant is not licensed, but you can take your own alcohol and there is no corkage charge. Try the place, we couldn't fault a thing!!!

• 3 weeks later...

First time we got around to trying Azzad's out, and was really looking forward to it.

Imagine our disappointment when we turned up on Friday evening at 7:30pm to find the gates locked, and the building shut, no lights on, with no sign of life.

I know there are time changes and that they aren't opening during the day for Eid, but Friday at 7:30pm? We rang the telephone number, but there was no answer.

Disappointed.

First time we got around to trying Azzad's out, and was really looking forward to it.

Imagine our disappointment when we turned up on Friday evening at 7:30pm to find the gates locked, and the building shut, no lights on, with no sign of life.

I know there are time changes and that they aren't opening during the day for Eid, but Friday at 7:30pm? We rang the telephone number, but there was no answer.

Disappointed.

Disappointing, admittedly, but this is a bit like grumbling because a shop is shut on Christmas day.

Perhaps a call before setting off might have been an idea?

Disappointing, admittedly, but this is a bit like grumbling because a shop is shut on Christmas day.

Perhaps a call before setting off might have been an idea?

Maybe so.

I guess i should have just not took what they have on the front of the gates as opening times (including the opening times during Eid), as read.

Not to worry, Induz was a more than adequate stand-by :)

We went to Azaaads last night and it were absolutely gorgeous!

I am used to 'take away' curry dishes but the curry dishes served here were really nice! The mixed grill were super, all the meat was soo tender and tasted amazing.

I am not a lover of lamb but omg it were cooked perfectly!

The service were great! I am also allergic to mint which is abit hard for eating at an Indian restaurant but they catered to my needs without a problem, so thank you! :)

Definately reccommend this place to anyone.

• 2 months later...

Just come back from azaads and I must admit it was one of the nicest Indian meals we have ever had I'm very funny on currys I only like the Bradford style currys not the stuff you get from some takeaways the meals where cooked fresh had the buffet not what I expected queuing up in a line it was brought sizzling to your table everyone like it table of 4 thirty quid. I felt like I'd robbed someone one so left a 15 quid tip Azaad was a very nice could not do enough for you they do delivery but not to halfway mosborough which was a damn shame very nice will be there next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Went here this evening and had a lovely meal with fabulous service.

Fresh popadums and nice pickle tray, great pakora which was more than enough for 2 and 2 great mains and very nice garlic and fresh coriander naan. I couldn't move when I had finished and still stuffed whilst typing this 2 hours later.

It wasn't busy but given the state of the roads.....

No alcohol served but you can take your own. Will definitely visit again

Well, we decided to give it another try 2 weeks ago. I must admit, i'm glad we did. Absolutely sublime food, We ordered the 'buffet', which is more of a set menu. We had a couple of popadoms, pickle tray, a plate of chicken tikka/wings/shish kebab, lamb ginger, chicken karahi, vegetable rice, naan, a orange juice and a mango lassi (you can BYOB too). It came to £21.50!

The food is excellent, the service is first class (was quite at 7:30pm on a Saturday, however there seemed to be a steady stream of takeaway orders).

I hope places like this stay open.

Archived