Azaad's - New kashmiri restaurant = verdict!

By looking at your posts I can't help but think you are from a rival restaurant.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Only just saw this Greavsy - sorry it's taken me 4 months to respond! Anyhow, I'm afraid you are wrong. I have nothing to do at all with anything to do with restaurants or the catering trade.

I'm actually self-employed now, but for years I've worked in large international commercial organisations. My work has taken me all over the globe and I've been lucky enough to eat in some of the best places. "Entertaining" has been a big part of my job and when you are entertaining professional clients they expect to go to the best places and they usually know where those are.

And the best places aren't always the most expensive, posh places either. For example, when I worked here in Sheffield, many years a favourite of many of my clients was Mangla on Spital Hill. I rarely go there myself - (I don't like that part of town) but I can appreciate that it is well liked by a lot of people.

I'd put Azaad's place in the same sort of bracket, roughly, as Mangla. It's not a particularly attractive place to sit inside and it's not in a nice area either but the food isn't expensive and it's decent. For me to want to go back again the food would have to be stunning really.

It depends on your reference points as to what you think of a particular restaurant. It would be mad to compare Pizza Hut with La Gavroche in London for example. So, I try and take that into account when I'm commenting on a place.

Azaad's was ok - nice, even. Compared to "similar" types of place it is pretty decent as I've said. No complaints. But I wouldn't rush back. It wasn't an outstandingly good experience as some here believe it to be. And for them it maybe is? Fair enough.

My daughter says it looks like the signs have been taken down, they were planning to go for valentines...looks like it may have closed....

Jayne

I'm sorry to hear that. As I'd said before, the place was dead - even at peak times on a saturday night. The location probably killed it - I mean, it's a desolate wasteland of an area around there.

Archived