The songs that makes you cry??

Elgar's Nimrod puts me on a downer.

Reminds me of my late father. It has a presence to it which reminds me of him. The way it slowly builds; it's reassured, composed and quite calming. Like a father's hand or words of advice.

Then it turns a bit ugly (a cello takes a dive and it reminds me of my heart sinking when my father finally succumbed to cancer). The sheer gravity of life continuing without my dad!

But then, the movement ends on a peaceful, serene note and fades away. That was my dad once the nurses had closed his eyes and his soul was gone. At peace but with a family anything but.

Soliloquy, from the film Carousel, Gorden Mcray singing My boy Bill and then the lovely My little girl....

...and towards the end of the same film, Gordon Macrae sings a reprise of "If I loved you" to Julie, who cannot see him.........

"Now I've lost you, soon I will go in the mist of day

And you never will know, how I loved you

If I loved You"

The emotion in his voice.......there is a clip on Utube, which moves me to tears evertime I see it. Some one said his voice sounded like melted chocolate, and its so true.

...and towards the end of the same film, Gordon Macrae sings a reprise of "If I loved you" to Julie, who cannot see him.........

"Now I've lost you, soon I will go in the mist of day

And you never will know, how I loved you

If I loved You"

The emotion in his voice.......there is a clip on Utube, which moves me to tears evertime I see it. Some one said his voice sounded like melted chocolate, and its so true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66MvvkXg8JI#

I agree this film is still one of my favourites after all these years

Archived