Coin valuation in sheffield

The Concorde Medallion, depending on condition could be worth upwards of £2500

http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=1976concordemedallionplatinum.html

The Other is about £30

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/bushey-auctions/catalogue-id-srbu10019/lot-3e3e9fd7-09bb-4eab-96ab-a449004bfaad

Coins is something that interest me, don't have many, or any worth much (yet) but hope this helps :D

so jealous of them both, would be nice to keep for the future! :D

They're both in mint condition. it's in a little plastic thing and has been since my nan got them. Do you know where we could sell them, that they'd be fair?

I know it's nice to have things like that, but we need the money more at the moment. Plus we have other things that hold more memories of family etc. Unfortunately none of us appreciate coins because we have no idea about them!

They're both in mint condition. it's in a little plastic thing and has been since my nan got them. Do you know where we could sell them, that they'd be fair?

I know it's nice to have things like that, but we need the money more at the moment. Plus we have other things that hold more memories of family etc. Unfortunately none of us appreciate coins because we have no idea about them!

I don't know of any collectors or sellers in sheffield myself, but at that sort of price, you might be better off at an auction with a reserve...

I don't know of any collectors or sellers in sheffield myself, but at that sort of price, you might be better off at an auction with a reserve...

Do you know of any auction places that would be good to use? Thanks for all your help! I'd have no idea myself.

I don't know, but try these ( http://sheffieldauctiongallery.com/ ) have known family use them for other items, and if they can't help you, i'm sure they would refer you to somewhere or someone who can at very least...

They do valuations also....

Be interesting to know how you get on, so if it's ok can you let me know what happens? :)

Good luck :D

I don't know, but try these ( http://sheffieldauctiongallery.com/ ) have known family use them for other items, and if they can't help you, i'm sure they would refer you to somewhere or someone who can at very least...

They do valuations also....

Be interesting to know how you get on, so if it's ok can you let me know what happens? :)

Good luck :D

Oh that's great thanks! We'll go for the valuation in the august bank holiday week when we're off work. Of course I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you, you've been a big help! :D

I wouldn't recommend an auction house in Sheffield for this. There aren't any high class auctioneers here.

First email some dealers and invite offers. For instance the dealer mentioned in post#2. Then contact one of the big auction houses for further valuations. You could also check completed auctions on eBay to see if any of these coins have sold recently and at what price.

You'll receive the highest proportion of the sale price on eBay and probably the lowest by selling through an auction house.

I wouldn't recommend an auction house in Sheffield for this. There aren't any high class auctioneers here.

First email some dealers and invite offers. For instance the dealer mentioned in post#2. Then contact one of the big auction houses for further valuations. You could also check completed auctions on eBay to see if any of these coins have sold recently and at what price.

You'll receive the highest proportion of the sale price on eBay and probably the lowest by selling through an auction house.

I will email some dealers, that's a good idea. I've had a look on eBay and haven't found the same coin that we have, they were all silver coins. I've looked for a while today and not found a similar coin.

We were thinking about selling on eBay but I know that sometimes the buyer can say they didn't receive the item etc and we'd have to refund and we'd have lost the coin in the process! That kind of scares me :hihi:

We were thinking about selling on eBay but I know that sometimes the buyer can say they didn't receive the item etc and we'd have to refund and we'd have lost the coin in the process! That kind of scares me :hihi:

I sell stuff on eBay and if it's of any value I send it tracked and insured. Just make sure you add 10% to the postage costs as eBay will charge you fees on the cost of postage.

If you don't pass these fees onto the buyer you'll be out of pocket.

I sell stuff on eBay and if it's of any value I send it tracked and insured. Just make sure you add 10% to the postage costs as eBay will charge you fees on the cost of postage.

If you don't pass these fees onto the buyer you'll be out of pocket.

I think we'll get a few valuations from some places like you say, then look into selling it on eBay.

One has just sold a few minutes ago for £36 but that was sterling silver, I can't imagine mine being much more really just because it's gold plated? But then again, I have no idea.

• 1 month later...