Anybody here from Dinnington?

wiseman

Originally posted by steevie/d

i went to dinnington tech in the seventies to do my training for the coal mines i hated it we spent most of our time in the sqiurel boozer and the lordens i think what i can remember lol!!:thumbsup:

the lordens has been closed for about 5 years now (sorry ignore that, I was thinking of the Lord Nelson), and the squirrel was revamped probably 6 or 7 years ago as a family pub.

Originally posted by steevie/d

i went to dinnington tech in the seventies to do my training for the coal mines i hated it we spent most of our time in the sqiurel boozer and the lordens i think what i can remember lol!!:thumbsup:

Didnt the Lordens have a sign up on the bar saying no swearing and that if you swore you would be asked to leave the pub?

I used to go to the Squirrel quite a bit when they had bands on, played there a few times myself.

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

What did you do Panda?

I attended day release in the sixth form for C&G Horticulture..

oh i did 2 courses one was a arts and crafts and the other was a buisness studies one both lasted 3 months each have really good memories of the place esp the record shop up the road with the foxy owner:)

quite a lot has changed recently, the new community centre where the old miners welfare was, at the back of the cricket ground.

And Dinnington Junior and Infant has been levelled, along with east street. Not sure what is going there now.

And of course most of the lower school at the comp burnt down a few years ago and has been replaced with a nice new brick school. I had chance to look inside just after it was built and it's pretty nice.

Originally posted by panda79

oh i did 2 courses one was a arts and crafts and the other was a buisness studies one both lasted 3 months each have really good memories of the place esp the record shop up the road with the foxy owner:)

Do you mean blonde Alison at the little (lean-to) building record shop (next to Towndrows)

or dark haired Di at the Orange Records in Kevin Ingers premises??? :heyhey:

Archived