Food at The Riverside - disappointing

The Riverside started serving food a good few months ago, after many visits for a pint we decided to go back to try there Sunday roast. We are vegetarian so went for the veggie roast option, well the veggie roast is a handful of carrots, some little roast potatoes and a few bits of cauliflower swimming in a bowl full of butter with one burnt Yorkshire pudding on top. No gravy, mash, veggie roast peas or other veg. It made Wetherspoons look like a michelin star restaurant and when 2 meals and drinks come to £19 its not exactly a bargain. Even if the meat eaters get a small roast with the meal it would still not be what I would consider a sunday roast. We left wondering why they were offering a veggie roast when it was just the without meat version, I would have rather they didn't advertise vegetarian food if they arnt going to put any effort into the meal so others don't waste their money.

Hi,

We have actually only recently started serving food (within the last 2 months). I am very sorry that you have had a bad experience and did not find the food up to standard, we are still finding our feet trialling the food to see what works. We are reallly keen to offer a good vegetarian selection although these are limited at the moment. We are endevouring to bring everything up to standard and to set our menu so that everything is at the same standard. Thankyou very much for your feedback as this will help us to improve what we offer.

If you would like to come and eat with us again on another occasion then please pm me and we can arrange something for you.

thanks.

Hi,

We have actually only recently started serving food (within the last 2 months). I am very sorry that you have had a bad experience and did not find the food up to standard, we are still finding our feet trialling the food to see what works. We are reallly keen to offer a good vegetarian selection although these are limited at the moment. We are endevouring to bring everything up to standard and to set our menu so that everything is at the same standard. Thankyou very much for your feedback as this will help us to improve what we offer.

If you would like to come and eat with us again on another occasion then please pm me and we can arrange something for you.

thanks.

I have sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived