Upsetting some forum members

I am sorry to be one of the ones who has upset a few posters today. However in my defence, there does seem to be an excess of 'what's happening....' 'where can I get a cheap..' 'I have just seen the police helicopter...' type posts that seem to have been posted just for the sake of posting. I don't think that SF should be an easy short cut to a questionner making a bit more of an effort.

Sounds like your the only one getting upset, if you don't like a post move along.

I am sorry to be one of the ones who has upset a few posters today. However in my defence, there does seem to be an excess of 'what's happening....' 'where can I get a cheap..' 'I have just seen the police helicopter...' type posts that seem to have been posted just for the sake of posting. I don't think that SF should be an easy short cut to a questionner making a bit more of an effort.

These type of posts arent posted just for the sake of it. People like to get into an online conversation with other people. Think of the disabled posters who are members. Now you cant chat with Google can you ?:)

what concern is it have of other people if the police/scrapmen/the helicopter is up ????

or some other chestnuts what time does meadowhall shut? what time does meadowhall open?

these people could find out the information themselves in the amount of time it takes to type it on here, haven't they heard of google?

By the time certain news items appear on the General internet it's all over and done with,

I wonder if some " curtain Twitcher" as you call them wanted to Post A message on there local forum about some "maniac running around with a gun shooting people " But decided not to because of remarks like yours.

how many lives could have been saved it it was posted and read? we'll never know.

I couldnt agree with you more. Well said.

Also A lot of the people who use this forum are either OLD or DISABLED or not computer literate so think before you say " Why don't they Google it" I'm lucky, at 60 I'm quite into computers but i know a lot of people who aren't. If you think there Question is stupid - DON'T ANSWER I.

By the time certain news items appear on the General internet it's all over and done with,

I wonder if some " curtain Twitcher" as you call them wanted to Post A message on there local forum about some "maniac running around with a gun shooting people " But decided not to because of remarks like yours.

how many lives could have been saved it it was posted and read? we'll never know.

Well said & so true...

Also A lot of the people who use this forum are either OLD or DISABLED or not computer literate so think before you say " Why don't they Google it" I'm lucky, at 60 I'm quite into computers but i know a lot of people who aren't. If you think there Question is stupid - DON'T ANSWER I.

I love it when the old/disabled excuse banner comes out

Archived