Does anyone remember the Sheiks?

I like the word "trantlements", it covers most things (unlike a thong which doesn't cover much at all really!).

:hihi: :hihi: :heyhey:

I do believe there's a bit of a difference between "Rammel" and "Trantlements" though.

Trantlements is equipment, necessities, even if they are a bit of an encumbrance... (like nappies and feeding bottles for babies)

Rammel is encumbrances that you drag around with you, despite not actually needing most of it (like the fifteen hundred toy cars your toddler insist you carry in your handbag for him. Not quite junk, but definitely an accumulation of trantlements...

:hihi: :hihi: :heyhey:

I do believe there's a bit of a difference between "Rammel" and "Trantlements" though.

Trantlements is equipment, necessities, even if they are a bit of an encumbrance... (like nappies and feeding bottles for babies)

Rammel is encumbrances that you drag around with you, despite not actually needing most of it (like the fifteen hundred toy cars your toddler insist you carry in your handbag for him. Not quite junk, but definitely an accumulation of trantlements...

Rammel is stuff in a drawer which you have no place for, a bit of old string (you never know when you might need it though you have never needed string since your whip & top days), a fuse even though you have no idea how or where the fusebox is, an old half used tube of glue etc........

Trantlements are necessities, things to be found in a woman's bag which you really do need because you're always called upon to produce a sticking plaster, a couple of paracetamol, a nail file etc....

Archived