Ideas for a leaving gift

A colleague is leaving our business to set up a freelance writing venture and I am in charge of the staff collection - any ideas on any keepsakes you would get for someone who was taking their first steps into self-employment?

We're all struggling a little bit here!

:)

A colleague is leaving our business to set up a freelance writing venture and I am in charge of the staff collection - any ideas on any keepsakes you would get for someone who was taking their first steps into self-employment?

A rabbit's foot he or she will probably need it.

Something to place on his desk at home to remind him of all his colleagues, something meaningful about the career he's leaving and the one he's about to embark upon.

We bought one of our recently departed colleagues a really nice Lamy Pen.

Might be a nice gesture to do the same thing if their chosen path is writing?

That's a good idea, a nice Mont Blanc if the collection can stretch to it and you could have the pen engraved with your company name so that he has a lasting memento of you all.

Archived