Muslims pay tribute to UK armed forces

Just came across this story and thought i would post it up to show that not all muslims are extremists.

The story also points out that there are 500 muslims serving in the armed forces.

I have read on numerous posts about muslims not demonstrating against the extremists so they must support them etc etc so I wonder who will be the 1st to say this is just for show etc etc.

Here is the link= http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10498482.stm

It a case of judging a book by it's cover or tarring everyone with the same brush. Your news link is very good and gets the point across well. It's like saying all Irish people support the IRA - it just not possible.

Shame we don't hear more of this actually

We would, if it weren't drowned out by the screaming, slavering, hate-filled hordes who try to tell us, with no understanding or study of Islam at all, that Islam is nothing but hate, homophoibia and misogyny.

we would, if it weren't drowned out by the screaming, slavering, hate-filled hordes who try to tell us, with no understanding or study of islam at all, that islam is nothing but hate, homophoibia and misogyny.
can't hear you!!!!:D

From the report:

Kalsoom Bashir, who attended the ceremony said: "We are here for two reasons, to say that as mothers we share the grief of those that have lost their loved ones and we salute the loyalty of those men and women that have laid down their lives for our country.

"Secondly we are here to say loud and clear to those extremists that would exploit that grief, you're not one of us, you don't represent us."

I would say to the government that would exploit that grief, you're not one of us, you don't represent us. What are we doing in Afghanistan?

We would, if it weren't drowned out by the screaming, slavering, hate-filled hordes who try to tell us, with no understanding or study of Islam at all, that Islam is nothing but hate, homophoibia and misogyny.

How misguided you are my dear. BLIND or IGNORANT eh ?

Erm...I didn't see any mention in the article of the womens' views on homosexuality and womens' rights.

Archived