Games we played.. Catwalking !!

Any other 'Catwalkers' here???

This was a common pastime of some of the Waltheof (class of '74) lads..

When i was about fourteen years old, a load of us used to go 'catwalking' (anybody else do it??) at Darnall.

This nocturnal activity involved walking along the boundary walls between the terraced houses of two adjacent streets (the bottom of the garden wall), of course there were outside Kharzy's, privet bushes and full grown trees to negotiate and was a real thrill..

It was pitch black and when a door opened it was like a search light- everyone froze:hihi:

We had bins thrown at us and all manner of other stuff, when we were rumbled we had to dive off the wall into the garden at the other side and run through the garden and down the passageway to freedom:o:D..

One time in particular, a door opened, we all froze and an old fella came up to the toilet with a newspaper under his arm (and a flat cap on:D ), he went into the bog....well, it sounded like he was going to explode- no one could hold it back- we all fell off the wall laughing hysterically!!!!!...

I don't recall doing much catwalking after that (don't think my belly could take the strain:gag: )

There was no malicious intent just good fun in a sphincter popping way:hihi::hihi:

Anyone else play at this back in the seventies????

John:D

• 4 months later...

Archived