If there were a general Election tomorrow how would you vote?

Yup and obviously whether they take any notice is up to the government of the day to asses the conditions at the time and implement proper regulation.

Governments make regulations, not banks.

13 years of failure.

I do that too, I have written answers from my MP that basically say if the party whip disagrees with me then I can go hang as I won't affect how my MP votes

voting him out of office in favour of someone who listens to their constituents is my only chance for change and I'll take it every chance I get

I received similar letters from mine. The fact that the country is ruled by members of political parties - members who do as they are told by the party bosses - rather than by representatives of the people - People elected to carry out the wishes of those who elected them is one of the reasons I decided to leave the country.

The other main reason was that in 2005, notwithstanding that huge numbers of the public had protested about the actions of the incumbent government before the general election, on the day, all those complaints evaporated and they re-elected the people they were so dissatisfied with.

By how much?

Yes it's a rhetorical question but the context is useful here.

£2billion better than the £18billion forecast for May.

http://www.24dash.com/news/central_government/2010-06-18-UKs-public-sector-borrowing-lower-than-expected-in-May

Some more context for you:

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/downchart_ukgs.php?chart=G0-total&year=1900_2011&units=p

I received similar letters from mine. The fact that the country is ruled by members of political parties - members who do as they are told by the party bosses - rather than by representatives of the people - People elected to carry out the wishes of those who elected them is one of the reasons I decided to leave the country.

The other main reason was that in 2005, notwithstanding that huge numbers of the public had protested about the actions of the incumbent government before the general election, on the day, all those complaints evaporated and they re-elected the people they were so dissatisfied with.

The choice most people have in elections is who is the least worst.

Well all the public sector left wingers who live in Hallam, and vote Lib Dem to keep the Conservatives out, got a bit of a shock didn't they? I wonder in future, if they will find it within themselves to vote with the courage of their own convictions.

I voted Conservative and ended up with my MP as Deputy Prime Minister, and a Tory as Prime Minister, I'm dead chuffed and would do exactly the same again. I like this coalition government, and hope that all future administrations will have an element of power sharing.

Archived