If there were a general Election tomorrow how would you vote?

Let's give the full context.

What that means is that the UK borrowed £16bn in the month of May instead of £18bn. Hardly a cause for celebration especially as the structural deficit is still growing.

Let's see what June has to offer.

The context was someone saying Alistair Darling's predictions were optimistic. Clearly in May they were pessimistic to the tune of £2billion, and in April pessimistic to the tune of £1.6billion.

Maybe not a cause for celebration, but neither is it a reason to slash public services more than Alistair Darling planned for.

But Alastair Darling was using expenditure numbers that had no income numbers attached to them. His budget has been declared a fantasy that even the Civil Service wouldn't sign up to.

That's a bit of a shame because I have a lot of time for Darling, but sadly he's working for a bunch of lying power hungry shysters.

Let's give the full context.

What that means is that the UK borrowed £16bn in the month of May instead of £18bn. Hardly a cause for celebration especially as the structural deficit is still growing.

Let's see what June has to offer.

Even with the cuts the UK's £1 trillion debt that the cedit rating agencies are in a flap about is still set to hit £1.4 trillion over the course of this parliament. That's a 40% increase. It is something that seems to be totally beyond the grasp of some of the folk on here.

Spending was out of control control and around 50% more each year than the government raised through taxation. You cannot live when you spend 50% more than you earn and your only plan is to spend even more.

But Alastair Darling was using expenditure numbers that had no income numbers attached to them. His budget has been declared a fantasy that even the Civil Service wouldn't sign up to.

That's a bit of a shame because I have a lot of time for Darling, but sadly he's working for a bunch of lying power hungry shysters.

Budgets aren't reports on the economy. There are monthly updates on the economy for expenditure and income. Budgets are about the changes being made and will report on those issues.

Your argument is like complaining there is no lemon meringue in your coffee, the answer to which is what do you think a coffee is?

Even with the cuts the UK's £1 trillion debt that the cedit rating agencies are in a flap about is still set to hit £1.4 trillion over the course of this parliament. That's a 40% increase. It is something that seems to be totally beyond the grasp of some of the folk on here.

Spending was out of control control and around 50% more each year than the government raised through taxation. You cannot live when you spend 50% more than you earn and your only plan is to spend even more.

It depends what assets we have and whether you focus on the short or long term:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/mar/07/deficit-fetishism-government-spending

I voted Lib Dem (Clegg in fact) partially to keep the Tories out in Hallam, but partially as I liked alot of the things he said. Would I vote for him again?

I genuinely don't know.

While I dislike alot of what the coalition are doing, I have a nagging feeling that Labour would have done much the same, albeit to not such a great extent. Until we sort out, and properly regulate the banking sector the same thing is going to happen in another ten years. Labour had 13 years to do so and failed, so I honestly wouldn't know who to vote for. Green perhaps?

So next time you will have to vote Labour in order to keep the Lib Dems out, alternatively you could move to a traditionally Labour ward, which party do you imagine built Hallam?

Me I'd still vote the same......but personally i've taken every penny out of the bonus obsessed 'banking' system. I've put my whole lot in various building societies & hopefully the masses will too. Sticking a cross on a bit of paper is neither here or there in the bigger scheme of things.....it needs the masses to vote with their feet. I personally hold misfeasant bankers to account for the whole mess we find ourselves in & will no finance any more of their greed......and for that reason alone....I'M OUT!

Archived