If there were a general Election tomorrow how would you vote?

• 2 weeks later...
Those Mandelson revelations cast a whole new light on the claims made during the election campaign.

LINK

Blair seems to have had more of a grasp of the public finances than Brown, he at least realized that the current approach was unsustainable.

In public of course, it was all smiles and confident reassurances.

Little or nothing of this ever came out in the run up to the election from the media or from politicians so most everything said in the run up to the election was based on fabrications.

Youre quite happy to quote Mandelson and take his word as gospel.

How do you lie with his latest statements regarding the £80m Forgemasters loan?

Surely Mandelson's propaganda is working so he's pushing it as you'd expect?

The Treasury statement is perfectly clear about where the funds were being allocated from and that it was discovered that the funds weren't going to be there once the books were available for inspection.

So either the Treasury is blatantly lying about actual facts that can be checked or Mandelson is spinning about previous decisions that were never fully explained at the time. Which would you choose when it's put like that?

Surely Mandelson's propaganda is working so he's pushing it as you'd expect?

The Treasury statement is perfectly clear about where the funds were being allocated from and that it was discovered that the funds weren't going to be there once the books were available for inspection.

So either the Treasury is blatantly lying about actual facts that can be checked or Mandelson is spinning about previous decisions that were never fully explained at the time. Which would you choose when it's put like that?

Much as expected really.

Mandelson slates Blair and Brown,taken as true,good old Pete.

He offers an argument against Cleggs statement,propagandist,spinner,bad man.

I am withdrawing from political discussion forthwith.

From now on i will only correspond with Paul Scriven.

rossyrooney

Do you post on digital spy ? You should the political forum on there, one of them

is such a cleaver clogs know it all, ( but he does know quite a bit ) I would swear that

is a libdem politician.

rossyrooney

Do you post on digital spy ? You should the political forum on there, one of them

is such a cleaver clogs know it all, ( but he does know quite a bit ) I would swear that

is a libdem politician.

Surely a contradiction in terms.

[/u]

Surely a contradiction in terms.

Yes lol! I can see what you mean, but I don't know if he lurks on here, so I had to be careful what I post.:suspect:

( I do hope you are not he ) :)

Yes lol! I can see what you mean, but I don't know if he lurks on here, so I had to be careful what I post.:suspect:

( I do hope you are not he ) :)

You're quite safe.

As soon as you said he was quite clever it ruled me out of the running.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Archived