BBC doing my nut in

its like the moat thing is not happening now, they have gone from 24h footage of a house with nothing happening, and getting extremely excited if a police car goes past while trying to get the public to appear frightened even though they keep saying they feel fine because there are loads of police around to not mentioning it at all....mental

The BBC crack me. They are supposed to have a pronunciation department, yet they keep calling Ponteland '' Pontyland'' when it should be ''Ponteeland''.

Also, BBC, Caterham is not ''Catteram'' it is ''Kayterham''.

Clowns.

Don't even start me on Slaithwaite or Southwell !

Northumbria police say its very easy to miss a single person,ha ha what a bunch of useless...

I heard he was at home eating popcorn laughing at thier incompetance like everybody else :)

They say it may take some time ha ha very informative :)

Come on for gods sake were all waiting for the shoot out,hurry up im getting bored and running out of popcorn :)

Why does that redirect me to the mobile phone bbc site? Very odd.

edit: does off the site too - i'm guessing there is a problem there, because that isnt the main news page, it is the mobile phone news page.

edit 2 : ok now it isnt the mobile site but looks the same - so i guess they have used the mobile version for the full version now or something?

It almost looks like ******* or noscript is blocking some of the content from loading - but they aren't, it just looks like that!

Its their new design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2010/07/bbc_news_website_redesign_2.html

Im hoping there is something wrong with it though. It looks like a website design 101 competition entry:confused:

Can anyone recommend a good news website. I can't stand the design of CNN/google (and now the bbc). They seem to direct you to want they want you to read rather than letting you choose. Im giving the guardian a go but Im not friends with it yet.

I'm quite pleased with the new design. It'll take a while to get used to, but it's certainly not bad - and definitely better than the god-awful sky news website :gag:

The banner at the very top looks good

The menu below is glarey

The text on the page is all different sizes and colours (a major no no for making it look attractive and readable) and there is far too much white around it making the page glarey too. It gives me a headache.

Can you tell I disagree:D

Archived