BBC doing my nut in

The category links have moved from the left menu to the top menu surely?

edit: the articles irritate me more - eg this press page down a few times and you've just got an off-centre column of plain text on a white background.

no only a few of them have.

reply to edit, I hadn't got that far. I assume they will rectify that one. Although they should have done it before they went live!

edit: the articles irritate me more - eg this press page down a few times and you've just got an off-centre column of plain text on a white background.

It's horrible, there doesn't appear to be any framing. What was wrong with the old version? Just think, they would have actually used license payers money to scythe away.

I quite like the revamped iplayer though.

It's horrible, there doesn't appear to be any framing. What was wrong with the old version? Just think, they would have actually used license payers money to scythe away.

I quite like the revamped iplayer though.

I honestly think that below the banner (which I think is from the previous version), this website is worse than the one I have been making having just learnt the basics of dreamweaver. I am not going to show you as its not finished (the bbc should also have waited until theirs was finished-bunch of amateurs!

Have a read of this document - http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/gel/downloads/gvl3_styleguide_v1.pdf - it's the specification for the new design style being introduced across the whole BBC site.

"We strike a balance between cookie cutter design and beautiful anarchy":loopy::hihi:

I dont want to read the news in a beautiful anarchy manner!

and in conclusion based on the list of people at the end they have paid a lot of salaries to come up with this!

...and in conclusion based on the list of people at the end they have paid a lot of salaries to come up with this!

Or rather you paid a lot of salaries. - As they used to say in one of their 'luvvie' adverts: "It's only because of the way that we are funded that we can (get away with) mak(ing) programmes like this."

I rang them, BBC News 24, up to tell them that the Email that they kept reading out from a Mr Semper Nemo, was a micky take.

They were still reading it out three hours later.

They never read my Email out though, Mr Dick Withers. ;)

I got them with John Thomas though.!!

Its their new design:

Seems like a bit of a step backwards. Far harder to navigate, since I have to scroll to the top to get the menu for navigation. Getting to regional news is now a pain.

They claim there are the same number of stories, but the pages seem almost empty to me, not a patch on the amount of content on the old version.

No doubt the content is still there, but they sure want you to hunt for it now!

I can certainly understand why people are saying it looks "dumbed down".

Or rather you paid a lot of salaries. - As they used to say in one of their 'luvvie' adverts: "It's only because of the way that we are funded that we can (get away with) mak(ing) programmes like this."

haha I have paid them nothing. I only use the website at work and as I refuse to give the bbc anything my boyf paid for a tv licence so he could watch the world cup!:D

Bet he regretted that decision, hardly value for money when england were hardly in it!

On the rare occasions they have something I watch to watch it is more cost effective to buy it on dvd or rent it from lovefilm

Archived